CB Gallery Questions

13 years 3 weeks ago #161960 by EJoomlapolis1
Replied by EJoomlapolis1 on topic Re: CB Gallery Questions
It appears that the only way to get that is to pay for a membership of some sort.

Hmm... thought this came with what I already bought.

Bummer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #161962 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Gallery Questions

EJoomlapolis1 wrote: It appears that the only way to get that is to pay for a membership of some sort.

Hmm... thought this came with what I already bought.

Bummer

You didn't buy anything from this website (at least with the account you are posting with).

CB 1.4 is free.

13 years 3 weeks ago #161966 by EJoomlapolis1
Replied by EJoomlapolis1 on topic Re: CB Gallery Questions
You know, I don't know what the deal is with you but I've been respectfully asking for help in good faith and most of what I get in return is deflection, snip and non help. Why promote and encourage support and forum support if you're going to treat people like this? I don't get it. Do you think this is how you develop new clients and help?

I know I didn't buy anything direct from CB, what purpose do you serve in pointing that out? I bought a subscription from Joomlart and downloaded a Joomla template from them that included CB 1.4 and the Gallery Module. I don't know if it is a deal worked out between Joomlart and CB or not. How could I know that? What I do know is that CB promotes product and support on the Open Joomla Directory which is how I came to be here.

CB, like many places distributes parts of what they make for free to get people interested in ancillary. We all get that. I have simply been asking for help. If you're going to be a help moderator, you might step back and look at how you treat people in a help environment. People may be ignorant at certain times or situations but that is no justification to handle them this way. Geesh man.

13 years 3 weeks ago #161968 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Gallery Questions

EJoomlapolis1 wrote: You know, I don't know what the deal is with you but I've been respectfully asking for help in good faith and most of what I get in return is deflection, snip and non help. Why promote and encourage support and forum support if you're going to treat people like this? I don't get it. Do you think this is how you develop new clients and help?

I know I didn't buy anything direct from CB, what purpose do you serve in pointing that out? I bought a subscription from Joomlart and downloaded a Joomla template from them that included CB 1.4 and the Gallery Module. I don't know if it is a deal worked out between Joomlart and CB or not. How could I know that? What I do know is that CB promotes product and support on the Open Joomla Directory which is how I came to be here.

CB, like many places distributes parts of what they make for free to get people interested in ancillary. We all get that. I have simply been asking for help. If you're going to be a help moderator, you might step back and look at how you treat people in a help environment. People may be ignorant at certain times or situations but that is no justification to handle them this way. Geesh man.

Sorry if my replies were misinterpreted.

It took me a while to understand what you were using (see questions I asked earlier).

And when you stated you purchased something I thought that something might have gone wrong on this website and it was not properly recorded.

Now after 5 back and forth posts I understand what you purchased and from where.
If this simple fact was stated from the beginning things would have been easier and quicker.

The version of CB Gallery you have most likely will not even work on Joomla 1.5 without legacy enabled (unless of course the template folks made modifications to it).

So, to be honest, I do not even know if the version you have installed hasn't been modified in anyway. The fact that you stated that deleting an image from a gallery causes issues with the module is an indication that something is wrong (as I believe there was never an issue similar to this even in earlier versions).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn