Userlist display by group?

12 years 10 months ago #168459 by Shazam0527
Userlist display by group? was created by Shazam0527
Is it possible with CB to show the userlist based on the current user trying to see the list and their groups..

i.e. - I belong to GroupA and I would like to see who else is in GroupA so I press the magic button.

Is this possible? If so, how?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #168724 by Shazam0527
Replied by Shazam0527 on topic Re: Userlist display by group?
Is this an option in a pay type module??? I'm desperate here guys/gals! :(

12 years 9 months ago #168753 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Userlist display by group?
How are these Groups defined and implemented?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shazam0527

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #168761 by Shazam0527
I created the user groups in Joomla 1.6's backend.. i.e. in the group list with Public, Registered, Admin etc..

I created some groups called EastGroup, WestGroup, GroupAdmin etc.. Now I just want CB's userlist to show based on whoever is logged in - for example, my login is attached to the EastGroup group so I'd only be able to see the EastGroup userslist. But in all honesty, I don't care if everyone can see every group list - I just need them sorted out by Group in their own list.

I really like CB's userlist A LOT! But the one Display option missing, is by User Group.

12 years 9 months ago #168782 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Userlist display by group?
I don't believe you can dynamically filter off Joomla ACL group.

If the "grouping" is also reflected as a CB field then you can create a dynamic filter to automatically adjust the list to the viewer, so viewer can see all other members that have the same "cb grouping field" value as them.

I believe the detailed documentation has such an example (available to Advanced and Professional members).

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #168816 by Shazam0527
Why wouldn't you be able to? It works the same way with pulling a name, or showing who's a registered user, or last time they were updated/online. I can create a query and pull it that way, but then it nullifies what I need from CB - and I'd really like to continue using CB and the additional modules if they become useful in the mid term.

Heh, I have no problems paying for modules, but I just can't bring myself to paying for a module if no one is certain it can do what we need ;) We're on an amazingly strict budget with the downturn in this economy - and I'd hate to be brought into focus for spending money that didn't help us, albeit only a little bit of money. I hope you understand that I'm not being condescending or anything like that. It really is that tight right now.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn