Profile modification - Front End - administrator

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170093 by scubabyss
I am using J 1.5 and CB 1.4
When logged in front end with administrator status, I can clic on any user profile and can perform profile modification of said user. This seems foreseen as a warning indicates that I am modifying someone else profile.
However, we have fields that are "Read-only" as the user shall not be authorised to modify them.
It appears that I cannot modify the read-only fields either, although, as I mentionned, I am "administrator" and is allowed to modify any field from back-end.

I have not seen how to indicate a field is "Read-Only" depending on Joomla User group.

Does anyone know how to do it or shall I post it as a bug or a request for evolution ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170184 by polarweb
My understanding is there is no usergroup access setting for "Read Only" fields. It either is read only or editable, and I think that's the extent of the options. If you can edit it from back end, than it may be all you can do..

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #170420 by scubabyss
I found one possible solution that works fine.
You just need a CB plugin "plug_cbprivacy" available to Advanced or Professional Members. Install it within CB and publish it.
Then, from back-end of course, you change the read-on fields from Yes to No and you activate for these field (in the field setting) the Privacy configuration level "Front-end edit" to "Front End edit only by allowed moderator"
The field shall be visible on the profile, but us can decide if it is visible or not if you set in back-end field setting the Privacy configuration level "Privacy configuration level" to "User can control privaty"
This CB is fantastic and I really hope the CB team will continue to maintain it

Thanks !

12 years 5 months ago #183115 by richiebee
can you post a link to download the plugin plaes?

12 years 5 months ago #183124 by scubabyss
This plugin is available here www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/add-ons at the bottom of the page.
KR
The following user(s) said Thank You: richiebee

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183125 by richiebee
what I gotta pay $10! :whistle:

will it work for earlier versions of cb I Have version 1.2?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn