Cannot install mod_comprofilerModerator.zip

12 years 8 months ago #172792 by agwd
J 1.7.0 - CB 1.7.0

Have tried to install mod_comprofilerModerator.zip in J 1.6.5 and J 1.7.0. I always get the "Installing module was successful" message, but when I go to Module Manager it is not listed.

CB Online and CB Workflows modules installed properly - only having trouble with Moderator... which of course means admin is not notified by email when a user registers.

Any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #172816 by nant
The following user(s) said Thank You: agwd

12 years 8 months ago #172890 by agwd
Thanks for clarifying.

That being said, the main issue I'm having is that the administrator is not receiving email notification when someone registers. Following are my configuration settings:
  • User Manager Config - Allow User Registration = No
  • CB Config - Allow User Registration = yes, independently of global site setting
  • Require Admin Approval = Yes
  • Require Email Confirmation = No
  • Only 1 CB User is set to receive Moderator Emails
  • Send Moderators Email = Yes

The Moderator emails never come through. I don't have a designation for Moderator Groups because I only want the one user to be a Moderator.

I must be missing a setting somewhere, but haven't been able to figure out what it is.

12 years 8 months ago #172892 by nant

agwd wrote: I don't have a designation for Moderator Groups because I only want the one user to be a Moderator.

I must be missing a setting somewhere, but haven't been able to figure out what it is.

You need to have a moderation group selected.

12 years 8 months ago #172901 by agwd
Only Public is available as a Moderator Group which is confusing. We are also running an older version of CB in J 1.5.23 and we can select Administrator as the Moderator Group.

Can I add Administrator to our Moderator Groups options to ensure that *only* admins get the emails?

12 years 8 months ago #172904 by nant

agwd wrote: Only Public is available as a Moderator Group which is confusing. We are also running an older version of CB in J 1.5.23 and we can select Administrator as the Moderator Group.

Can I add Administrator to our Moderator Groups options to ensure that *only* admins get the emails?

Please upgrade to latest CB 1.7 version.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn