Menu items gone after upgrade

12 years 8 months ago #173955 by mardulia
Menu items gone after upgrade was created by mardulia
After upgrading to CB 1.7 on Joomla 1.5.23 my CB menu items (member profile, member list) returned 404's. I was just going to re-connect them to a menu item- figuring they got dis-connected with the upgrade- but I have no CB menu item option in the menu manager. Did I miss a step upgrading?

Appreciate your help,

A.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #173977 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Menu items gone after upgrade
I guess you uninstalled and re-installed instead of installing-over ?

In that case you need to recreate the Joomla menus for CB....

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 8 months ago #173991 by mardulia
Replied by mardulia on topic Re: Menu items gone after upgrade
I could be wrong, but I believe I installed over the old version, and I believe I ended up using the expert path. In any case I would make new menu items but CB menu items don't exist anymore. I've attached an image, so you can see what I mean.
Attachments:

12 years 7 months ago #176737 by mardulia
No answer to this one? A file that's missing from the installation, maybe? Do I need to re-install?

12 years 7 months ago #176741 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Menu items gone after upgrade
Yes, just install CB 1.7 component over without uninstalling, the installer part must be executed.

However, if your server has different ownerships for files FTPed and by webserver, you'll need to fix permissions first after having FTPed folders/files for the Joomla install to work.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 7 months ago #176997 by mardulia
I've been trying to re-install com_profiler over my current install but I can't do it. I get this: Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package. I've fixed permissions via Admin Tools- and made sure the com_profiler dir has 775 permissions. No luck. This is why I used the expert path upgrade option in the first place.

Everything else is working fine- I've just got those 404's on the CB profile menu item. If you could help me fix that, I'd be most grateful!

A.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.535 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn