Menu items gone after upgrade

12 years 7 months ago #176999 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Menu items gone after upgrade

mardulia wrote: I've been trying to re-install com_profiler over my current install but I can't do it. I get this: Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package. I've fixed permissions via Admin Tools- and made sure the com_profiler dir has 775 permissions. No luck. This is why I used the expert path upgrade option in the first place.

Everything else is working fine- I've just got those 404's on the CB profile menu item. If you could help me fix that, I'd be most grateful!

A.

Means your php upload filesize parameter is most likely set to 2M.

Please study the CB 1.7 readme and also check out the new tutorials.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177001 by mardulia
Replied by mardulia on topic Re: Menu items gone after upgrade
I thought of that. Saw it in the documentation. ;-) And I changed it to 4MB as per directions. Unfortunately, it didn't help. I'll look at the new tutorials, thanks for the tip.

No one else has had this problem, I gather.

12 years 7 months ago #177025 by nant

mardulia wrote: I thought of that. Saw it in the documentation. ;-) And I changed it to 4MB as per directions. Unfortunately, it didn't help. I'll look at the new tutorials, thanks for the tip.

No one else has had this problem, I gather.

Actually many have had this problem.

The tutorial below will help you with these parameters:

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/95-installation/18196-checking-your-php-settings

12 years 7 months ago #177066 by mardulia
I DID read this! Really! And I've edited the php file accordingly! If you don't believe me you can see for yourself: transformative-writing.com/phpinfo.php.

It's Joomla 1.5.23, btw. But your tutorial is relevant, regardless, I think.

So it's not that that is messing me up. Could it be one of those incredibly arcane permission issues that occasionally molest us in Joomla Land?

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177072 by nant

mardulia wrote: I DID read this! Really! And I've edited the php file accordingly! If you don't believe me you can see for yourself: transformative-writing.com/phpinfo.php.

It's Joomla 1.5.23, btw. But your tutorial is relevant, regardless, I think.

So it's not that that is messing me up. Could it be one of those incredibly arcane permission issues that occasionally molest us in Joomla Land?

If you did read it then please share the following:

What does you ‘upload_max_filesize' look like?

Finally please contact your host as suggested:

On a remote hosting environment, if you do not have access to this file you will need to contact your host helpdesk and have them make any changes needed for you to increase the ‘upload_max_filesize’ php parameter. Actually, even if you do have access and can modify it, better be safe and open a ticket with your helpdesk as additional steps might be needed from their end (e.g., perhaps server restart is needed depending on hosting package).

12 years 7 months ago #177076 by mardulia
upload_max_filesize 4M 4M

This is in the php.ini file in cgi-bin dir of my site and it shows up if I run phpinfo(); in my root dir. So it's got to be the php.ini file that's configuring the site, right? Do you think there is another one somewhere that is over-riding this one?

Is there no way to fix the 404 error on the profile menu item beyond re-installing?

I appreciate your help!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn