Need to edit the Registration fields

12 years 7 months ago #177309 by dev02
Hi

Thanks for the awesome community builder. Please could someone inform me as to where I find the files (.php) to edit the info on the registration fields of a user, as well as the overlib on the registration fields.

Thank you

Regards
Chavonne

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177583 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Need to edit the Registration fields
cb.core.php has the classes for each field type, but it's not recommended edit/hack. Better write (or adapt a CB field-type plugin to suit your use. Or a CB template. Almost everything can be done with plugins, avoiding any future maintenance problems that arrise with modifying/hacking code.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 7 months ago #177603 by dev02
Replied by dev02 on topic Re: Need to edit the Registration fields
Hi!

Thank you for the reply! I would simply like to remove the fields:
Company:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Address:
Phone #:
Fax #: as well as edit the "descriptions" in the overlib.

This would not be seen as a "hack" right? Could I do this?...I am using the funlite template of CB. Please name a CB field type plugin - is there a free one?

Kind Regards
Chavonne

12 years 7 months ago #177618 by dev02
Replied by dev02 on topic Re: Need to edit the Registration fields
I looked for anywhere in the Plugins - I could not see anything related to CB - Plugins. I also could not find any file in the unzip-first.1.7 CB plugin with the name cb.core.php. Please advise as it is quite urgent that I get a move on with this site.

Thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.529 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn