error building admin menus

12 years 7 months ago #177760 by webemusic
error building admin menus was created by webemusic
cb 1.7 installed on a jom 1.7 site....i get a red warning banner at install "error building admin menus"...followed by a blue banner saying "installation complete"...cb verifes and finally states "installation successful"...but i don't have access to cb if i click away from this page, the componet does not show up in my "componet" tab in the back end...any idea what is causing this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177763 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: error building admin menus

webemusic wrote: cb 1.7 installed on a jom 1.7 site....i get a red warning banner at install "error building admin menus"...followed by a blue banner saying "installation complete"...cb verifes and finally states "installation successful"...but i don't have access to cb if i click away from this page, the componet does not show up in my "componet" tab in the back end...any idea what is causing this?

This is a Joomla bug - search the forum as I solution has been posted before (sorry do not have the exact link).

12 years 7 months ago #177792 by webemusic
Replied by webemusic on topic Re: error building admin menus
nick
thanks for your response...i found a thread that metions this issue and talks about changing one's mysql d-base somehow, but i'm not even close to knowing how or where to do that. So I'm totally stuck! It's really a shame, I've done 6 cb installs and configs on the old 1.5 platform without issue 1, now with cb 1.4 and jom 1.7 I've been at installation for 3 days, first was the max_upload thing in my php, now i have to apparently do something with my data base!! and this is just to get it to install!!...good lord. You are saying it's a jom bug and on the jom forum they are saying its a cb bug..does your paid membership get this installed by someone who is a "genious?" cause a server side noob is never going to figure this out..let me know
thanks

12 years 7 months ago #177825 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: error building admin menus

webemusic wrote: nick
thanks for your response...i found a thread that metions this issue and talks about changing one's mysql d-base somehow, but i'm not even close to knowing how or where to do that. So I'm totally stuck! It's really a shame, I've done 6 cb installs and configs on the old 1.5 platform without issue 1, now with cb 1.4 and jom 1.7 I've been at installation for 3 days, first was the max_upload thing in my php, now i have to apparently do something with my data base!! and this is just to get it to install!!...good lord. You are saying it's a jom bug and on the jom forum they are saying its a cb bug..does your paid membership get this installed by someone who is a "genious?" cause a server side noob is never going to figure this out..let me know
thanks

We can certainly do this for you as part of our CB Installation services (see your Membership profile for that service).

You can also just drop your Joomla database and start from scratch maybe even starting with Joomla 1.7 as it might have a fix for this Joomla bug (has bitten other extension installs also).

You can also invest some time to learn phpmyadmin and execute the SQL statement - never too late to learn...

12 years 7 months ago #177832 by webemusic
Nick
Thanks again....I will look at your services...probably the fastest way to get my clients site up and running..(i don't install anything else before CB is up and running)...I have uninstalled Joomla 1.7, 3 times and wiped the associated d-base each time hoping that it may not have loaded correctly, but same issue each time...i do use my hosting companies application service to do the jom 1.7 install and create the mysql don't know if that means anything, never had issues doing that before...and i do absolutely agree it's never to late to learn...i encourage it since i'm a teacher... but clients aren't that patient...lol..
Thanks again

12 years 6 months ago #177933 by webemusic
I want to give back to this fine community as my admin menu error is corrected. Unfortunately I have no clue why it corrected itself. Which is the only explaination I have for it. But...I read other's threads who had this issue and understand the frustration with this problem and the vague work arounds that were talked about. I don't think i can help clearify it any cause it just worked. The best I can do is say what I was doing when it finally installed without this error.

My site is being built on a fresh install of Joomla 1.7, and using the 1.7 vers of CB. One plus was I had was i had nothing else on the site, and no data in the d-base so if I wanted to(and did) I could uninstal both as i saw fit without losing anything. I originally read in another thread on the Jom Forum that a person claimed to have cb load correctly if you had the Jom sample material load with the instal. I was doing that from the start and it was also loaded when it loaded correctly, so I don't think that was my issue. I installed and removed Joomla and CB 3 times on my server. Then I read a workaround on this forum about loading the 1.6 admin nav mod and setting the parameters differently to force a menu. I wanted to try it so i uninstalled Jom and removed cb for the 4th time, this time i actually went into the sites root folder an physically removed all the arifacts of jom to have an empty folder and manually deleted the d-base...reinstaled jom and went to install cb so i could add the admin nav mod...surprizingly when I installed cb this time it loaded correctly and the menu showed up...that's all i did and i know it's not alot of help, but that's how it happened...maybe it helps and i hope so...but i don't have any definate "thing" that would have made it work
Thank you for your help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: felixkat

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 3.402 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn