error building admin menus

12 years 6 months ago #177935 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: error building admin menus
Thanks for sharing.

Hopefully this Joomla bug is fixed in Joomla 1.7.1 just released.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #177937 by webemusic
Replied by webemusic on topic Re: error building admin menus
Thanks Nick
I wonder if this was my correction..the hosting service I use does an auto install of Joomla and only lists the first 2 digits of a version..ex: 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 so i wouldn't know if it was 1.7.0 or 1.7.1 and I did it late in the day yesterday..so i guess it's possible that the hosting service switched to the new release???

12 years 6 months ago #177970 by nant
Check your Joomla backend: Site -> Site Information link to see Joomla version.

12 years 6 months ago #178033 by deserthighway
Replied by deserthighway on topic Re: error building admin menus
I am having the same problem and am not sure what to do. I tried using Admin tools to repair everything and reinstall. Right now I just tried re-installing this for the third time and still get the "Error Building Admin Menus."

In my Joomla Extension Manager screen, there are now three separate entries for com_comprofiler. I disabled the first two before attempting this third and most recent install, but when I try to uninstall them it just fails and says to remove them manually and I don't know how.

I've been busily building my Joomla 1.7 site from the ground up for several weeks now and this is the first extension I've run into that's broken anything. :(

I just tried updating to 1.7.1 and that had no effect on this issue.

12 years 6 months ago #178040 by nant

deserthighway wrote: I am having the same problem and am not sure what to do. I tried using Admin tools to repair everything and reinstall. Right now I just tried re-installing this for the third time and still get the "Error Building Admin Menus."

In my Joomla Extension Manager screen, there are now three separate entries for com_comprofiler. I disabled the first two before attempting this third and most recent install, but when I try to uninstall them it just fails and says to remove them manually and I don't know how.

I've been busily building my Joomla 1.7 site from the ground up for several weeks now and this is the first extension I've run into that's broken anything. :(

I just tried updating to 1.7.1 and that had no effect on this issue.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/171339-community-builder-not-creating-admin-menus#176069

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn