make users load youtube videos in cb17 & j17?

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177918 by emjay3000
Hello.

I was searching for a long time now and couldn't find any solution. I am using cb 1.7 with joomla 1.7 and I want to give users the possibility just to show youtube videos inside their profile. Didn't work with all-videos-plugin in editor mode...

Has anybody an Idea or knows which plugin could work for cb?

edit: I was able to embed a video after adding the iframe-tag to be not filtered. Anyway, after going to edit profile for a second time the iframe was away and when I saved the textarea again it wasn't there just as suspected, so I looked for joomla filter settings and set "no filtering" for super user and tried it again but it didn't solve the problem.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177931 by nant

emjay3000 wrote: Hello.

I was searching for a long time now and couldn't find any solution. I am using cb 1.7 with joomla 1.7 and I want to give users the possibility just to show youtube videos inside their profile. Didn't work with all-videos-plugin in editor mode...

Has anybody an Idea or knows which plugin could work for cb?

edit: I was able to embed a video after adding the iframe-tag to be not filtered. Anyway, after going to edit profile for a second time the iframe was away and when I saved the textarea again it wasn't there just as suspected, so I looked for joomla filter settings and set "no filtering" for super user and tried it again but it didn't solve the problem.

Guess your search did not find the articles I wrote on the Joomla magazine:

magazine.joomla.org/issues/Issue-Dec-2010/itemlist/user/65-nicholasgantimisiaris
The following user(s) said Thank You: emjay3000

12 years 7 months ago #177945 by emjay3000
ok that looks like something, I'm gonna check it out! thx

12 years 6 months ago #177951 by emjay3000
easy easy! But how can I make the video-field just to show up in the profile when the youtubeplaylist-field acctually contains something?

Can php be used there in this delimiter-field? So that it could be something like "(php?) if cb_youtubeplaylist is filled out show the following: <object> ...e.t.c...."

Is something like this possible?

Greetings,
mj

12 years 6 months ago #177964 by emjay3000
ok I solved it via installing the plugin "Sourcerer" and inserting this php-code:

<?php
$result = "[cb_youtubevideo01]"
?>
<?php if($result == false) : ?>
<p>keine Video ID angegeben</p>
<?php endif; ?>
<?php if($result == true) : ?>
<iframe width="200" height="120" src="
[cb_youtubevideo01]?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<?php endif; ?>

Moderators: beatnantkrileon