user_id columns identical to id columns

12 years 4 months ago #186449 by Dr Dave
I am using Joomla 1.5.22 and just installed CB latest version.

When running the tools/check user database this error comes up.

All rows in comprofiler table have user_id columns identical to id columns.

ERROR: sql query: SELECT u.id FROM #__users u LEFT JOIN #__core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL : returned error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT u.id FROM jos_users u LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL

Can anyone give me some help with this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #186470 by nant
Dr. Dave, this has been discussed before on these forums (please search).
You need to make sure all collations are set to same encoding (utf8_general).

12 years 4 months ago #186477 by Dr Dave
Replied by Dr Dave on topic Re: user_id columns identical to id columns
Yes, they have been discussed before. The last time I tried to use CB I had the same problem and you couldn't figure out why. My host worked on it for quite some time only to determine that it was CB that was causing the problem. I couldn't get any assistance so I tried another mod.

I was hoping that there would be a fix, but guess not. I have considered purchasing the support package, but don't think that would help.

If I use CB with this conflict will in cause other issues?

12 years 4 months ago #186482 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: user_id columns identical to id columns
The mixed collations isn't even coming from CB. It's the result of your ACL tables and your _users tables having 2 different collations, which shouldn't be the case. You only see the error because CB joins them together to perform a DB query on them combined. To fix this you could use phpmyadmin for example then navigate to the below tables and select "Operations" on the top menu while viewing those tables (1 by 1) and changing the collation to match the rest of your install. Ideally they should all be set to collation "utf8_general_ci".

_core_acl_aro
_core_acl_aro_groups
_core_acl_aro_map
_core_acl_aro_sections
_core_acl_groups_aro_map
_users

A (Advanced or Professional) support subscription would of course make a significant difference as I could review your database and fix this for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #186485 by Dr Dave
Replied by Dr Dave on topic Re: user_id columns identical to id columns
Thanks Kyle,

I may take you up on the professional or advanced. We did what you recommended last time with my host provider and but CB kept creating an error and changing it back.

If you will fix it for me then it would be worth the cost. I will look into this and get back with you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn