CB Version with full Joomla 1.7+ ACL

12 years 3 months ago #187099 by rstoffiere
CB Version with full Joomla 1.7+ ACL was created by rstoffiere
I have an existing client running a Joomla 1.5x site, with CB and CBSubs. I m in the process of exploring my options in order to quote them a redesign/redevelopment project. I will be using Joomla 1.7+ (most likely 2.5, as it should be released by then). A very big part of the site is the community feature, hence the reason I used CB on the existing site.

While I know and understand that CB 1.7+ runs on Joomla 1.7+, it does not take advantage of the Joomla ACL in many areas. I am wondering what the time frame may be for releasing a version of CB that will integrate the ACL throughout the product? This new site will need to be live by the end of June. I am not looking for anything written in stone, of course, but am curious as to whether CB will be a viable alternative when planning this job.

Thanks!!!
Rick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #187140 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: CB Version with full Joomla 1.7+ ACL
In CB 1.7.1, most of the frontend makes use of the 1.7 ACL, wherever you can define joomla usergroups.

Upcoming CB 2.0, under development, will be extending the use to the backend and make more ACL use.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 3 months ago #187144 by rstoffiere
Replied by rstoffiere on topic Re: CB Version with full Joomla 1.7+ ACL
Thanks for the answer, beat!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn