Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Password reset failed

• pistre
  • pistre
11 years 8 months ago #210558 by pistre
Password reset failed was created by pistre
Hi,

I recently upgrade to 1.8.1, and everything seemed to be working just fine untill I tested the 'forgot login' functionality.

It doesn't work. I only get the message 'Password reset failed'. Registration, login and all other CB user functionality works jut fine. CB is also sending out emails, so that also should work just fine.

Recently, instead of getting 'Password reset failed', I get a new page saying "SQL error".. Anyone having any tips that might put me in the right direction?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 8 months ago #210568 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Password reset failed

pistre wrote: Hi,

I recently upgrade to 1.8.1, and everything seemed to be working just fine untill I tested the 'forgot login' functionality.

It doesn't work. I only get the message 'Password reset failed'. Registration, login and all other CB user functionality works jut fine. CB is also sending out emails, so that also should work just fine.

Recently, instead of getting 'Password reset failed', I get a new page saying "SQL error".. Anyone having any tips that might put me in the right direction?

follow faq article and turn on joomla debug

• BuyRat
  • BuyRat
11 years 6 months ago #214937 by BuyRat
Replied by BuyRat on topic Re: Password reset failed
I have the same problem, can you send a link to the FAQ document you refer to?

CB 1.8
Joomla 2.5.7
CB Subs

All system emails working fine except password reset.

Using PHP Mail for mails.

Debug is not showing any messages or errors

Any ideas?

• thepisu
  • thepisu
11 years 6 months ago #215802 by thepisu
Replied by thepisu on topic Re: Password reset failed
Same problem here, I have found the problem (at least when an admin try to recover the password): CB is using the regular "save" function of JUser object:
Code:
$result = $this->_cmsUser->save(); // Joomla 1.5 native
(line 1133 of cb.tables.php)

But this is not allowed for anonymous user (and if user as forgot password, he is obiouvsly not logged):
Code:
// If user is made a Super Admin group and user is NOT a Super Admin $my =& JFactory::getUser(); if ( $this->get('gid') == 25 && $my->get('gid') != 25 ) { // disallow creation of Super Admin by non Super Admin users $this->setError(JText::_( 'WARNSUPERADMINCREATE' )); return false; } // If user is made an Admin group and user is NOT a Super Admin if ($this->get('gid') == 24 && !($my->get('gid') == 25 || ($this->get('id') == $my->id && $my->get('gid') == 24))) { // disallow creation of Admin by non Super Admin users $this->setError(JText::_( 'WARNSUPERADMINCREATE' )); return false; }
(line 505 of libraries/joomla/user/user.php)

In fact the native Joomla 1.5 password reset, at the last step execute a pure SQL query:
Code:
// Build the query $query = 'UPDATE #__users' . ' SET password = '.$db->Quote($password) . ' , activation = ""' . ' WHERE id = '.(int) $id . ' AND activation = '.$db->Quote($token) . ' AND block = 0'; $db->setQuery($query);

So, the CB password reset feature should be rewritten following the native Joomla 1.5 password reset feature (confirmation email + password reset by query)

• drejabi
  • drejabi
11 years 6 months ago #216110 by drejabi
Replied by drejabi on topic Re: Password reset failed
Hello! I've the same problem!

"You" or the user that has forgotten the password enters userid and email address!
The system seems to Working on the request, no error is displayed AND no email is sent...

System emails works fine, Newsletters etc, for example ACY mailing!

Tried both with Sendmail and SMTP confiugration!

(BTW, Welcome email is also not sent if you as an Admin registrer new users)

Joomla! 1.5.22
CB 1.9

Any Ideas ?

Thanks

Rikard

• QBParis
  • QBParis
  • Add-ons
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #216260 by QBParis
Replied by QBParis on topic Re: Password reset failed
:( I am having the same problem...

Joomla 1.5.26
CB 1.8.1

'Password reset failed'. Registration, login and all other CB user functionality works jut fine. But, I am not receiving any emails.

Thanks in advance for ideas!
Dianne
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by QBParis.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon