Update 2.4.4 + build.2020.04.14.16.36.55.34b252f57

3 years 11 months ago #317905 by gigl
Hello.

After update to "2.4.4 + build.2020.04.14.16.36.55.34b252f57 / comes the following error message

“Warning: Declaration of cfk2forcbTab::getTabTitle($tab, $user, $ui, $postdata) should be compatible with cbTabHandler::getTabTitle($tab, $user, $ui, $postdata, $reason) in my domain\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_dj-classifiedsforcb\cb_plugin_djcf.php on line 122“

greet Christian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 11 months ago #317913 by krileon
Contact the developer of your plugin. They need to update their usage of getTabTitle to account for the new parameter. If they are not doing custom additions to the tab title they do not need to be including that function at all and should be extending cbTabHandler.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, mikerotec

3 years 11 months ago #317924 by mikerotec
For what it's worth... Here is a comment from a downstream developer whom I advised of this after one of their plugins was affected:

" Its weird why do they do such breaking change instead of adding some default value like this.

public function getTabTitle( $tab, $user, $ui, $postdata, $reason = null ) "

3 years 11 months ago #317934 by krileon
We require that parameter to have a value sent to it. The OPs issue is a declaration warning which won't go away by adding a default value. Adding a default value would just fix parent::getTabTitle calls from throwing an error, which we will probably add for stable release. It was going to break something regardless of what we did, but it needed to be done as tab titles had no clue where they were being output. In most cases a tab shouldn't be declaring getTabTitle at all unless they're doing custom modifications to tab titles (e.g. adding a counter like CB Articles or CB Blogs), which need to be location specific and couldn't before because $reason was never sent.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

3 years 11 months ago #317948 by krileon
We're adding a default value to $reason for stable release, which we're planning sometime this week (probably tomorrow). This will cause a declaration warning again, but will fix fatal too few argument errors which are stopping errors. The warning shouldn't be visible if debug mode is off though so isn't a problem for production sites and isn't a stopping error.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikerotec

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn