Nightly build of January 11th, 2021

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #322514 by beat
Please note that the nightly build of January 11th 2020 at 18:18 UTC of Community Builder:

"pkg_communitybuilder_2.4.7+build.2021.01.11.18.11.18.403e0c931.zip"

that got removed a few hours after its nightly release as it had a bug.

Please do not install that build. If you already installed it as a new installation, then if you haven't gone through CB Configuration, you just need to go to CB Configuration and (re-)save it, and possibly same for the core CB plugins listed below.

If you installed it as an upgrade, please read on:

This nightly's bug was that on upgrade it was erasing the configuration of CB and CB core plugins (!), namely:

CB > Configuration
CB Blogs
CB Forums
CB Articles
CB Menu
Private Message System

The only way to restore those configurations is to restore a fresh backup of the MySQL table "#__comprofiler_plugin". provided you didn't install other plugins in between. Otherwise only restore the column "params" of row id 1, and of the plugins that you are using of those 5 listed above. Or if you don't have a backup to redo the configuration of CB and of those of the 5 core CB plugins that you were using.

EDIT: A downgrade to the previous CB nightly build (pkg_communitybuilder_2.4.7+build.2021.01.04.15.02.57.e1fe54f7e.zip), or to the upcoming next build that will be released asap) is also recommended to avoid that installing or upgrading other plugins erases their configuration.

EDIT 2: To downgrade CB to the previous nightly build, there are 2 ways:
- download the nightly build build 4.7+build.2021.01.04.15.02.57.e1fe54f7e from our Downloads menu above, then install through Joomla.
EDIT 4: You will need to perform this step 2 times, the first time, it will give an error "....zip failed to install! - 500 - Internal Server Error", but second time it will succeed.
- or click the greyed "Installed" button (for Community Builder only) in the CB Plugins Management / Install & Update will also install the latest now published version 4.7+build.2021.01.04.15.02.57.e1fe54f7e.
(of course backup first as usual, not overwriting previous backups).

EDIT 3: If you don't have any configuration issues, then you can also just re-save Community Builder configuration, and wait for the next nightly release that will fix the installation/upgrade issue. In that case, be sure next time when you upgrade CB and CB plugins, to first upgrade CB, so that plugins upgrade don't erase their settings.

The CB team is deeply sorry about this bug, due to a left-over Joomla 4.0 bug-hunting line that slipped through our quality control despite a warning that we overlooked. Even though it is the first one in over 10 years and affected a very small number of users, we will review thoroughly before releasing the next nightly and reivew our review- and testing-process.

If you have any questions or feedbacks, simply reply to this topic.
Best regards and happy community building!

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: edjec

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322518 by edjec
Replied by edjec on topic Nightly build of January 11th, 2021
For us, it also misconfigured the Captcha on the registration form. I had to save the Captcha option again under User/Options/User Options/Captcha.

Thanks for the bug advisory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

3 years 2 months ago #322519 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Nightly build of January 11th, 2021
Please be sure you downgrade to the current latest nightly. Installing a plugin with the bugged build will result in that plugins parameters resetting due to the bug in the installer code.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322523 by vitasoft
Replied by vitasoft on topic Nightly build of January 11th, 2021
-- machine translate --
After installing pkg_communitybuilder_2.4.7+build.2021.01.11.18.11.18.403e0c931.zip, the menu view of my template lt_wineshop on mobile devices from the form "Off Canvas" changed to something monstrous. With no Joomla or CSS settings, I was unable to return the menu to its expected appearance. I would not like to completely restore the archives of the site, since the user is not to blame and would like to keep their posts, but it is not possible to work with such a change. Of course, I restored the __comprofiler_plugin table, but this did not help with my menu, it seems to me that there is something else that has changed, if I find something, I will supplement the post.

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #322524 by kondrich
Replied by kondrich on topic Nightly build of January 11th, 2021
I also have 2.4.7+build.2021.01.11.18.11.18.403e0c931 installed. I restored comprofiler_plugin params column in affected rows as advised.

However, if i open a user's details in CB, the forms are completely empty. No real name, no email (i.e no standard columns populated), no user defined fields are populated. Nothing. When I inspect the #_comprofiler table, everything is in place there.
Is this another problem?

3 years 2 months ago #322527 by kommid
Replied by kommid on topic Nightly build of January 11th, 2021
I installed the update yesterday on a site. How can I downgrade? Just installing v. 4.7+build.2021.01.04.15.02.57.e1fe54f7e over the current installation doesn't work.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn