"CB Last Views Tab" how to show the tab only in person.

2 years 10 months ago #325330 by alekhavan 76aleks_havan26
"CB Last Views Tab" how to show the tab only in person. was created by alekhavan 76aleks_havan26
Tell me if there is an option to hide CB Last Views Tab for users and show it only in person. For example, as it is done for the Communication Tab. We can find this in the Community Builder General Configuration Settings in the Communication section there is a switch - show Communication - PERSONAL.Is it possible to configure the same for the "CB Last Views Tab". I cannot find it in the settings.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #325334 by krileon
You'll need CB Privacy to do that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325335 by alekhavan 76aleks_havan26
Replied by alekhavan 76aleks_havan26 on topic "CB Last Views Tab" how to show the tab only in person.
Thanks for your reply. I only understand your products. And I still don't know much. I have two more questions. As I understand it, CB Privacy can be purchased as a standalone extension? And I also want to ask if there is a plugin for your component that allows you to add users to favorites (bookmarks). For example ... I am interested in a user, I want to send him a message later or request a connection, but after looking at the photo, I will study the user's profile. Is there a plugin that will allow you to add users to your secret-favorites- list. This feature is very relevant for a dating site.

2 years 10 months ago #325336 by krileon

As I understand it, CB Privacy can be purchased as a standalone extension?

Yup, you can buy individual addons from our addons page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons

And I also want to ask if there is a plugin for your component that allows you to add users to favorites (bookmarks). For example ... I am interested in a user, I want to send him a message later or request a connection, but after looking at the photo, I will study the user's profile. Is there a plugin that will allow you to add users to your secret-favorites- list. This feature is very relevant for a dating site.

No, we've no such functionality. Only way would be to use Connections, configured to one-way, and turning off requiring mutual consent so you can connect with anyone freely then use connections as a profile bookmark like feature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 10 months ago #325337 by alekhavan 76aleks_havan26
Replied by alekhavan 76aleks_havan26 on topic "CB Last Views Tab" how to show the tab only in person.
I tried this, but it all works very badly. I made these settings exactly as you say it. Configuring Connections in one-way mode, disabled mutual consent for Connections, also disabled Cross Connections. As a result, it happens in the external interface with this setting. I add a user to Connections. The user is not notified about the Connections request. But in his profile in the Connections section, he sees the user who added him to his Connections. This is not a secret bookmark or adding a profile to your favorites. The user still sees that it was added by another user to Connections. A solution to this issue is needed here. And with such Connections settings, it would be logical that the user did not see that he was added to Connections.

Warning: Spoiler!

There is another problem with Connections. If you disable the Display Connection Path, then when a user sees a request for Connections in his profile in the Manage Connections section, he clicks the Accept button and does not receive a result, he clicks the Reject Connections button and does not receive a result. As I understand it, these buttons work like a toggle switch and only work when you have selected the Accept or Reject button and you must click Refresh. At the same time, if you enable the Display Connection Path in the Configuration. Then these Buttons - Accept or Reject work as it should be easy when pressed and do not require additional confirmation - Refresh (result) Why the Accept or Reject Connections buttons work so differently when changing the Configuration / Display Connection Path settings - NO

I wanted to add a video from youtube to show the problem with the buttons, but I'm banned from links in messages

2 years 10 months ago #325349 by krileon
You are correct that Connections is not secret. I don't have a solution for your secret bookmarks needs. That's something you'd have to develop and implement yourself, use browser bookmarks, or see if another extension is available on the Joomla extension directory that provides that.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn