Magic Window plugin substitute

2 years 5 months ago #326938 by aapjes
Magic Window plugin substitute was created by aapjes
The plugin by JoomlaDuck: Magic Window is no longer supported as JoomlaDuck is offline.

Is there a substitute of the plugin available within the JoomlaPolis Add-ons?

Thanks

Magic Window is a powerful editor tool providing very useful features for creating and managing content. It adds a button at the bottom of your Joomla! text editor, which lets you do the following:

Favourite

Full description
Reviews (3)
Other extensions (2)

✔ Add any PHP/HTML/CSS/Javascript code on any page in a few clicks.

✔ Grant or restrict access to content (e.g. some text or HTML code) for users with specific access level or user group. Thus, for example, you can restrict unregistered users from viewing some part of an article.

✔ Insert user information, such as user id, name, username, e-mail, register date, etc. If you have Community Builder or JomSocial installed on your site, it integrates with it and let's you add user details from CB or JomSocial fields.

✔ Display content conditionally, depending on user information (user id, name, username, etc.) or Community Builder/JomSocial field value. Thus, for example, you can apply different greeting for Male and Female users, according to a value of field "Gender".

✔ Add content within a jQuery UI tabbed pane in a few clicks. Featuring 3 pre-installed tabs themes, tabs navigation positioning (top, bottom, left, right) and options: open tab on mouseover, collapse tab content, remember last visited tab, sort tabs order.

✔ Add links with modal window support.

✔ Put javascript tooltips.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #326947 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Magic Window plugin substitute
We don't have anything that provides ALL of that, but we do provide some.

Add any PHP/HTML/CSS/Javascript code on any page in a few clicks.

HTML/CSS/JS can all be added easily using CB Content Module. The module can be in a "None" position and you can then use Joomla module shortcode to insert it into articles or assign it to a page footer module position then use menu assignment to determine what pages it should load on.

We don't have anything for inserting PHP anywhere. We only support PHP in a profile field via CB Code Field. CB Auto Actions can also output PHP, but that's a lot more complicated.

Grant or restrict access to content (e.g. some text or HTML code) for users with specific access level or user group. Thus, for example, you can restrict unregistered users from viewing some part of an article.

Yup, that's doable using our built in substitutions. For Joomla articles or anywhere outside of CB you'll need CB Content Bot which is a Joomla content plugin for allowing substitutions anywhere content plugins are supported. See the IF substitution usage at the bottom of our substitution tutorial for how to do this.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Insert user information, such as user id, name, username, e-mail, register date, etc. If you have Community Builder or JomSocial installed on your site, it integrates with it and let's you add user details from CB or JomSocial fields.

Same as the above. Doable using substitutions. See the top of the tutorial for field substitution usage information.

Display content conditionally, depending on user information (user id, name, username, etc.) or Community Builder/JomSocial field value. Thus, for example, you can apply different greeting for Male and Female users, according to a value of field "Gender".

Same as the above. Doable using substitutions.

Add content within a jQuery UI tabbed pane in a few clicks. Featuring 3 pre-installed tabs themes, tabs navigation positioning (top, bottom, left, right) and options: open tab on mouseover, collapse tab content, remember last visited tab, sort tabs order.

I've no idea what this means.

Add links with modal window support.

Doable, but not easy as it requires our tooltip API to be loaded.

Put javascript tooltips.

Same as the above.

What specific features are you looking for that you actually use?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.425 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn