Plugin downloads Community Builder

1 year 10 months ago #329625 by datahotel
Plugin downloads Community Builder was created by datahotel
Good morning,
I have Joomla 4 and I am making a community so that files can be downloaded, depending on their registration... I normally use the jdowloads with the community builder that I just saw is NOT compatible with Joomla 4....
I need you to advise me on a download plugin to use it compatible...

Thank you very much!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 10 months ago #329632 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Plugin downloads Community Builder
I don't think JDownloads needs any specific integration to work with CB. CB still uses normal Joomla ACL so protecting downloads with different usergroups/viewaccesslevels should work fine.

We do provide our own download manager of sorts, but its primary purpose is for bundling Joomla install packages. It can be used for other things though. It's file based so you basically create a package then just dump your files into the packages folder (wherever you like, but usually best if it's behind public www).

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-package-builder

It's what we use for our own downloads page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

It also powers our Install from Web.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 10 months ago #329658 by datahotel
Replied by datahotel on topic Plugin downloads Community Builder
This module only has a payment option?
At the moment I would like to start to test with a plugin like JDowloads that is free since I don't have great needs.

none exist?

Thank you!!

1 year 10 months ago #329664 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Plugin downloads Community Builder
We do not provide a free option for CB Package Builder. You'll need to check the Joomla extension directory for a free download manager.

We are not the developer of JDownloads. We also are not the developer of its CB plugin. So I can't help you in regards to JDownloads.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn