How Do I Let users Rate Profiles?

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #330499 by dirtydavid
[SOLVED] How Do I Let users Rate Profiles? was created by dirtydavid
Hi
I can see how to turn on  cb_pb_profile_rating  in the Field Management, and the grey stars appear on the users profiles.
I cannot see how to allow other users to vote to rate the profiles.
Where will I find the switch to turn on ratings please?
Thanks in advance for your help.
David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #330505 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How Do I Let users Rate Profiles?
For CB ProfileBook that fields rating is adjusted using the guestbook features (the ProfileBook tab by default) where users can leave a comment in addition to rating the problem. If you just want to be able to star rate a profile I suggest using a regular Rating fieldtype in CB > Field Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dirtydavid

1 year 7 months ago #330744 by dirtydavid
Replied by dirtydavid on topic How Do I Let users Rate Profiles?
Thanks, that worked perfectly.

1 year 6 months ago #330885 by Keith_w
Replied by Keith_w on topic How Do I Let users Rate Profiles?
Quick question on the same topic: I have cb_user_rating setup and adjusted in my users' profiles. How would I add a rating field to a transaction module I already have? ie. A user has just finished a transaction with another user and should leave a rating for them. I don't want to have to direct them to the other user's profile to do it there.

Thank you.

1 year 6 months ago #330888 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How Do I Let users Rate Profiles?
Depends on where you're needing to render this. If in a module CB Content Module could be used to render the rating field using substitutions. If somewhere else that supports Joomla content plugins then CB Content Bot can be used to substitute it in. Problem will be being able to give it the user id of the profile you want rated. See the below tutorial for substitution usage information.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #330993 by Keith_w
Replied by Keith_w on topic How Do I Let users Rate Profiles?
Ok, I picked up CB Content Module and have set it up. I now see the problem.

I see one method to pass in the desired username, by using the url to perform a database lookup, within the module, for the username associated with the article. Not a very elegant solution, but I don't want to add usernames to my GET/POST data.

I have a bit more problem-solving to do, but thank you for the help krileon. I can now see how to get the job done once I find a better method of passing the information.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn