[SOLVED] Lost password functionality not working on PHP8.0.24

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #331171 by TCludts
Hello

We've recently started thoroughly testing PHP 8.0.24 for our Joomla website, on a staging environment.
Community builder seems to be working fine, but unfortunately whenever I try the "Lost Password" functionality in the front-end I'm running into issues that I cannot seem to resolve.

I get the following error message after requesting a new password:
"Error: 0 - Call to a member function store() on null"

On PHP 7.x the lost password functionality works fine.
Does anyone have an idea where I should continue looking?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #331178 by krileon
Ensure you've the latest CB build release installed. Next go to Tools > Synchronize Users. Your users are probably just out of sync. This typically only happens when CB is installed over an existing site with existing users or a user was created outside of CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #331190 by TCludts
Hi Krileon

Thanks for your feedback and input.

I'm on the latest CB build and have synchronized the users.
Unfortunately, after testing the Lost Password functionality again, I run into the same issue.

Something else I should/can check?

Thanks!

1 year 6 months ago #331228 by krileon
Is this on a Joomla 3 or Joomla 4 install?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #331229 by TCludts
Hello

This is on Joomla 3.

1 year 6 months ago #331230 by krileon
Strange, seams to be working ok in all my tests. That error usually only happens when the user doesn't exist in CB. Try creating a new test user in CB > User Management and trying forgot login with that user to see if it also fails.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn