Send a Note with User Approval

1 year 4 months ago #331861 by danpoole
Send a Note with User Approval was created by danpoole
Hi, I'm wanting to make it so when a moderator goes to the frontend User Approval/Rejection page, they can add a note that is added to the welcome email. You already have it there as a rejection message that goes out saying "rejected for the following reason:".

How do I achieve this? 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #331876 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Send a Note with User Approval
There is no functionality for an approval note. There's no trigger for modifying the approval email before sending either so it can't be done with CB Auto Actions. Only thing I can think of is to use a field and substitute that field into the email.

Typically a site has no reason to give an approval reason. What exactly are you needing to add to the emails?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 4 months ago #331906 by danpoole
Replied by danpoole on topic Send a Note with User Approval
Thanks, this is good to know, at least I can think of another way now, I'll try your suggestion.

Just as a FYI the reason for having or using the approval reason is to supply the new user with a payment amount without sending another email alongside the welcome email. this way the moderator can just add the price and hit approve. The site I am working on has pricing that changes depending on the time of year (each quarter has different pricing, as they send out invoices at the same time per year). I have suggested other methods, but they don't want to change their existing system  .I have looked in cbsubs and can't see a way to change pricing depending on the time of year (anyway this solution using csubs is mute for now as they want to keep it manual.).

Is there a way to insert the rejection note into an email and i can just change the wording on the Rejection note heading?

1 year 4 months ago #331926 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Send a Note with User Approval
Is the price the same for each user? If it is it'd be a lot easier to just use a Custom HTML field, set the price there, then substitute that into the email.

Is there a way to insert the rejection note into an email and i can just change the wording on the Rejection note heading?

No, the approval functionality in CB itself has no feature to send a custom note with approval only rejection.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn