[SOLVED] Search by Formated Name Field

13 years 4 months ago #148636 by iam3fun
Hello again people.

So right now is comming new problems. Search with formated name.
I've been enable it from database, cuz there is imposible to enable it from admin panel,however i enable it, but it comming up on userlist search.
Do you have any idea how can i resolve my problem ?

Thanks in advance

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/17 17:27

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #148638 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Search by Formated Name Field
iam3fun wrote:

Hello again people.

So right now is comming new problems. Search with formated name.
I've been enable it from database, cuz there is imposible to enable it from admin panel,however i enable it, but it comming up on userlist search.
Do you have any idea how can i resolve my problem ?

Thanks in advance

Trying to understand - you bypassed the interface and directly changed things in the database?

if so, then please change things back as they were.

Then please post what you were trying to accomplish and felt you had to hack the database?

13 years 4 months ago #148721 by iam3fun
Replied by iam3fun on topic Re:Search by Formated Name Field
Sorry for my preview replay.
So what i want to do and what i did.
Okay.
I want to make search by formated name, but it is off by default and it is impossible to switch it on from admin panel, so i went to phpmyadmin and turned it on. In admin panel it show me that is on, but it doesnt comes up on my search page in member list. I can search for members just by two fields and with nothing else.

I hope that this time you will undestand what i want to do. Sorry if my english is no perfect but i am not english man :D

Kind Regards :)

13 years 4 months ago #148755 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Search by Formated Name Field
It is not possible to search by the formatname field. It has no code to handle searching on it. The formatname field is simply a formatter. You'll need to search by Name, First, Middle, Last, and/or Username.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #148807 by iam3fun
Replied by iam3fun on topic Re:Search by Formated Name Field
Okay, take a look my options shown in photos.
And by the way when if tell me turn it off searchable for formated name, is it same like now, i mean there is nothins difference betwin On and Off formated name

I hope that you can help me with my problem.
img525.imageshack.us/f/optionsx.jpg/
img98.imageshack.us/f/searchl.jpg/

13 years 4 months ago #148846 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Search by Formated Name Field
Please edit your userlist within userlist management. Fields need to be on the list to be searchable or you need to set your userlist to show all searchable fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn