[SOLVED] Contact Info question

13 years 4 months ago #148786 by tthdoc
[SOLVED] Contact Info question was created by tthdoc
If you go to your profile on this site, and click on the contact info tab, you will see it has your yourusername then below it Username: yourusername. The second one is selected from the configuration field management and selecting to show it on the profile. I can't find anywhere why the one above is there. Is there a way to get rid of the top one?

Doc

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/17 18:47

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #148869 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Contact Info question
The first name field displayed is the formtname field found in field management. I recommend creating a new tab and placing that new tab in a not shown on profile position. Once done you can move the formatname field to that new tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #148912 by tthdoc
Replied by tthdoc on topic Re:Contact Info question
Thanks for the reply. Knowing that information, there is a much easier way I overlooked. Just went to field management, and changed the show on profile to no for the formatname field.

Doc

13 years 4 months ago #148950 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Contact Info question
tthdoc wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Knowing that information, there is a much easier way I overlooked. Just went to field management, and changed the show on profile to no for the formatname field.

Doc

Right, but this can cause adverse affects for 3rd party plugins which use the formatname field. For example later to release GJ 2.0 uses this field for name display throughout GJ. Many other plugins use the same method. Generally best to move to a not shown on profile position if you wish it not displayed so API wise it may still function.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.403 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn