Can only register new users with SEF off.

13 years 4 months ago #148799 by bowhunter
I've been reading through the forum and have made all the changes and adjustments I have read about.
var $live_site = '';
Menu item,
All tools check out OK,

I was unable to register new users and found a suggestion to try it with SEF turned off. I did that and the registration worked but there is no mention of how to fix this with the SEF back on.

www.akracademy.com

Joomla 1.5.14, CB1.3.1

Thanks in advance,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #148865 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can only register new users with SEF off.
What is the issue with SEF on? Please provide more details as to what the problem is. Could not duplicate any such issue using properly configured Joomla SEF.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #148867 by bowhunter
Replied by bowhunter on topic Re:Can only register new users with SEF off.
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the reply. I think my problem is in that part about "properly configured Joomla". I was running the earlier version of CB and it seemed to be properly configured then. I read in the newer version all I had to do is just install the new component and modules right over my existing installation and run the tools. That didn't work out for me so I've been trying to find the answer. With my SEF ON, new users are not able to register. They can fill out the form but when they click the button to submit it takes them back to the home page with no notification of any kind. They do not show up in my users afterward so their registration just does not happen. (From reading through the forum) when I turn off the SEF everything works great. Thanks in advance and please let me know what other information I can provide to help identify the problem.

13 years 4 months ago #148890 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can only register new users with SEF off.
So you have an incomplete 1.3.1 installation? Don't fully understand how it "went wrong", could you please explain?

Seams odd to send back to homepage. Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla then switch to default Joomla template rhuk_milkyway. Once done please attempt to register. Review any on-screen errors. If none, please review any errors within your server error log. If none, please PM backend login credentials and will take a look when time permits.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #148915 by bowhunter
Hi Kyle,
"Didn't work out for me" means that cb1.3 loaded in successfully, all the tools said everything looked good but new users are not able to register when the SEF is turned on.

I did the things you suggested and I think I got the maximum error reporting set. I've never done that before so I may have not done it correctly.

What I saw as I compared the two "reports" was consistency up to line 16 where the two reports deviated.
With SEF On line 16 was:

I can get more information if that does not help. I will PM you backend login credentials and thank you so much for taking the time to look at this.

13 years 4 months ago #148916 by bowhunter
With SEF Off

With SEF On

Post edited by: bowhunter, at: 2010/12/17 07:14
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn