SEF URL's Not Working with CB1.3.1

13 years 4 months ago #148931 by praisehim
SEF URL's Not Working with CB1.3.1 was created by praisehim
Hi All!

This is my first post in the forum, and my first time using CB, so please bear with me! I have a client who has a community website, already in J1.5 and wants to add community functions.

I've properly installed CB1.3.1 on his old installation on a different sub-domain (insha.sc101.info; using Akeeba Backup) so as to not mess with the current, live site (fr.inshaallah.com)

I have SEF URL's turned on as according to this popular J1.5 article: docs.joomla.org/SEF_URLs_in_Joomla!_1.5 , but when I try to register, or login, I get a 404 error.

To see, visit: insha.sc101.info, and try to signup.

Here are my setting in the global config, minus that of the SEF setup:

- Allow User Registration: No
- New User Registration Type: Registered
- New User Activation: No
- Frontend Parameters: Hide

And in the CB1.3.1 Global Configuration, under the Global Registration Tab:

- Allow User Registration: Indepenedently of global configuration
- Autogenerate random: Yes
- Require Admin Approval: Yes
- Require Email Confirmation: Yes
- URL for first login visit: index.php?option=com_comprofiler
- I also have a menu set to Public linking to the profile page, and the user list

I had AlphaRegistration installed for the old site, but I have it deactivated.

When I click on the register link, I get this URL: insha.sc101.info/component/comprofiler/registers.html

When I try to login to the login form, I get this URL: insha.sc101.info/component/comprofiler/login.html

I really need this to work WITH SEF URL's activated. There are links that depend upon it, and I don't think my client would be happy having to redo all the links in the site.

Thanks so much for your help in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #148952 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:SEF URL's Not Working with CB1.3.1
The URLs look correct, but SEF does not appear to be configured correctly causing a bad rewrite. Please ensure you've .htaccess configured correctly. If you do not have an Apache powered server then please do not use the apache mod_rewrite option found when configuring SEF in Joomla global configuration. I also recommend disabling the addition of .html. Would seam you're also missing a Joomla CB menu link that is public and published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn