Search Engine in Article?

13 years 4 months ago #149004 by Bremen
Search Engine in Article? was created by Bremen
Hey guys,

I've got a bit of a problem here. I'm trying to get Community Builder's native search to appear on the front page of my website. Since the front page appears to work off articles, I was thinking I need to somehow put the search engine interface within an article and then have it display on the front page.

I've been searching for a week for a solution to this, but I have so far been unable to find one. Please enlighten me on how I could go about solving this problem.

Many thanks to all!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #149092 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Search Engine in Article?
You're wanting to make the userlist your homepage? Simply create a Joomla menu link to the userlist and select it as the Default (should have a Star in the default column if done correctly).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149195 by Bremen
Replied by Bremen on topic Re:Search Engine in Article?
krileon,

Thanks for replying. However, it's not entirely what I wanted. I was looking for something that essentially treated the search page as an article, so that I could put it on the front page. Anything submitted to this would then be redirected to an actual search results page, as if they had done the search directly.

The current solution I found was to use a plugin that could be used to wrap any component page such that it would be treated as an article.

It posed another problem: within that article space the full page would load again, including the header and menus, resulting in a nasty nested article.

I used the Componentbot plugin in conjunction with a "Load in top frame" module. It solved the problem, but I'm still unhappy that upon sending the search query, the article space instantaneously flashes the nasty nested article before loading the search results in a page of its own.

If anyone has any simple solution, please enlighten me. I'm quite sure I'm doing things the long way round.

Thanks for the response. I apologize if my queries are a little long-winded.

13 years 3 months ago #149207 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Search Engine in Article?
I see, sorry no I have no suggestion for what you're wanting. Easiest approach is to just make the homepage the userlist. Embedding it inside of an article with a wrapper (iframe) won't work right when the form submits. Only way to do this properly is a lot of custom jQuery to ajax handle the requests and ensure the form is posted to the parent site correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn