Text field connected to city list

13 years 4 months ago #149023 by dotcom22
Text field connected to city list was created by dotcom22
hello

I would like to know if is possible to create a field "City" who can be connected to a simple database containing a list of city.

My goal would be to allow user to see and choose their city when starting typing first letter. For example if they start to type "Lo" they can see London, Los Angeles or any other city starting with "Lo".

How to do this ? Any clue ?

many thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #149099 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Text field connected to city list
To an extent, yes. You'd need to develop a new CB plugin to provide a new fieldtype however. Please see documentation subscriber Ajax Text and File fieldtype plugins as examples.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #149163 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re:Text field connected to city list
Unfortunately I don't have any knowledges for build a plugin...

I hope you will consider to make and propose a new field type like that in near future...

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

13 years 4 months ago #149208 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Text field connected to city list
dotcom22 wrote:

Unfortunately I don't have any knowledges for build a plugin...

Perhaps time to learn or hire someone who can. You can review existing fieldtype plugins as examples to give you a good starting point.

dotcom22 wrote:

I hope you will consider to make and propose a new field type like that in near future...

I've no plans to create such a plugin, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn