[SOLVED] CB Linkedin

13 years 4 months ago #149039 by global21
[SOLVED] CB Linkedin was created by global21
HI,

hopefully i have posted this in the correct forum.

I have a business audiance and i would like to know if there will be a CB LinkedIn plugin like the CB Facebook one.

Yes my audiance has FB accounts but they would prefer to have a "professional profile".

It would be great if they could register on my site with there LinkedIn credentials then CB pulls all the info over....

Is this already being discussed, is it happening, when etc. etc....

Regards,

Stefan.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/21 18:09

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #149074 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Linkedin
LinkedIn integration is planned and already 90% completely in my incubator project CB Connect. I am awaiting some updates to their API to allow me to complete the integration. They have plans to implement those updates in early January, so there's you're best guess time-frame. Whether there are plans to make it a standalone (as twitter and facebook are) or not I am not sure as of yet.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #149083 by global21
Replied by global21 on topic Re:CB Linkedin
Hi Kyle,

Sorry for the double post it wasn't intentional.

Well that is good news and i will watch this space for it, my product will not be going live until march.

In regards to it being a standalone product what would be a deciding factors, requests for it , money or anything else.

I can not be the only one that wants to connect business profiles and not just social profiles.

again sorry for double post, i am new to the world of cb but i will be a loyal follower.

Regards,

stefan.

13 years 4 months ago #149124 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Linkedin

In regards to it being a standalone product what would be a deciding factors, requests for it , money or anything else.

Nothing really, just depends on if I feel like it or not. I don't like making them standalone because that then means I have 2 plugins to maintain, 2 security reviews to do, 2 bug fixes to do, etc...

It un-necessarily exhausts time; wherein CB Connect can handle ALL the integrations intelligently and lightweight through a single API (OpenSocial) preventing conflicts with say other plugins that include say Facebook API.

Next release of CB Connect will feature half the file sizes as previous releases and at least double the speeds as well as all "specialized" API will be removed and handled entirely through OpenSocials API.

I can not be the only one that wants to connect business profiles and not just social profiles.

You're not, but Facebook and Twitter market shares were a much higher priority. In other words the integration IS coming, but as for when I can't really say.. at the least January.

again sorry for double post, i am new to the world of cb but i will be a loyal follower.

No worries, it happens and welcome to the world of CB. :laugh:

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #149148 by global21
Replied by global21 on topic Re:CB Linkedin
Hi Kyle,

thanks for the heads up on the request. I completly understand now and it makes a lot more sense.

i'll be looking out for it.

thanks for you time on this.

regards,

stef.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn