Replace default joomla registration with CB

13 years 3 months ago #149552 by yvesmk
I'm trying to implement a 'restricted' area on my website. Purpose is to have people register, before showing them more content.
I have community builder and CB subs installed.
Basic idea is to create a free subscription plan.

I have already the default login succesfully replaced with CB login.
But when playing with seting access to registerd on article level, I get the default Joomla registration page....

Also I would like to tackle access to these parts on menu level (as far as that is possible in Joomla). ex. Show the menu, but when clicking on it, get the non authorized message. I believe this is an easier way to restrict access then doing it on all articles.
Is there any way to play with user groups?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #149587 by krileon

I get the default Joomla registration page....

Disable Joomla registration and set CB registration to independent of Joomlas. Once done ensure the CBSubs bot is installed, published, and public. Users should then always been sent to CB registration/login. Further information on disabling Joomla registration can be found in the CB documentation subscriber documents.

Also I would like to tackle access to these parts on menu level (as far as that is possible in Joomla). ex. Show the menu, but when clicking on it, get the non authorized message. I believe this is an easier way to restrict access then doing it on all articles.

Using CBSubs simply use the Content integration and protect the menu links with a plan of your choice. If the user does not have the plan they'll receive an error and be asked to subscribe (whether plan is free or not doesn't matter).

Is there any way to play with user groups?

No, Pre-Joomla 1.6.x usergroups are "set in stone" and can not be adjusted or given different permissions per say. This is where CBSubs comes in by protecting content with Plans external to ACL so you do not need to give users different Usergroups to give them further access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149608 by yvesmk
Thanks for the prompt reply.
It was not working straight away, following your clear explanation of the first section.
But veryfying and running through the manual made me find out that I didn't had the content Protection plugin installed.

In fact it are the two content cb plugins / joomla plugin that work together (as clear stated in the manual)
  • Content protection plugin (bot_subs_112-E.zip)
  • Content protection integration
Thanks again.

13 years 3 months ago #149626 by yvesmk
Sorry, to come back on the topic.
I had it working on my test environment.

But now on production I followed the same steps, but still get the Joomla registration for articles where I have the acces level set to registered users.

1) disabled joomla registration in joomla - system config.
2) set user registration in CB to independently from global.
3) verfied the content protection plugin installation:
installed bot_subs_112_e.zip, again to be safe.
verified: joomla -plugins - cbpaidsubbot = ok (enabled and public)
joomla\plugin\system\cbpaidsubsbot.php en cbpaidsubsbot.xml files exist
4) verified content integration plugin installation:
folder /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubscontent exists
in community builder plugins 'CB Subs content' exists is published and public.

Any idea what am I overlooking here?

In the prod, I don't have a plan created, but since I disabled my plan in the test environment, I think this has nothing to do with it.

13 years 3 months ago #149631 by nant
yvesmk wrote:

In the prod, I don't have a plan created, but since I disabled my plan in the test environment, I think this has nothing to do with it.

You need to have at least one plan created that protects the content you want to protect.

13 years 3 months ago #149634 by yvesmk
I have one plan set up (free lifetime subscription), configured as in my test environment, but still get the default joomla login when hitting an article with restricted access.

Anything else I can check out?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn