[SOLVED] Migrating user *data* (not users)

13 years 4 months ago #149826 by joombob
Hello!

I've done several searches on here and can't quite find the solution to my problem.

I recently upgraded my site from Joomla 1.0.9 to 1.5.22, and almost everything went well.

I was also able to migrate my basic CB users list safely using Joomla's standard migrator plugin.

So my users are in place, but all of their data is gone -- all of the fields and tabs I built.

This isn't a huge deal -- the community part of my site was never that popular -- but can anyone offer any guidance on how to port over their data? I've tried exporting and importing all the comprofiler tables via phpMyAdmin, but that doesn't work.

HUGE thanks in advance!!!

System info:

CB 1.3.1

PHP Built on: Linux ps24324 2.6.33.7-vs2.3.0.36.30.4
#23 SMP

Database Version: 5.1.39-log

Database Collation: utf8_general_ci

PHP Version: 5.2.15

Web Server: Apache

Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi

Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.22 Stable

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2011/01/04 14:28

Myspace for movie geeks? Check out www.cc2k.us!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #149926 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Migrating user *data* (not users)
Sense you're not moving user data the easiest approach is to just use phpmyadmin and Export the database tables you want and Import them to the new database. Things such as Userlist, Tabs, etc.. are not user specific. I recommend exporting ALL of CBs database tables. Import the tables then delete all the user data (won't match up with _users so needs to be removed or migrated properly with CB Juice).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #149936 by joombob
Replied by joombob on topic Re:Migrating user *data* (not users)
Krileon, thanks for the reply!

I've actually tried exporting and importing all of my CB database tables in phpMyAdmin, but it always breaks my new site.

Do I need to upgrade my old site's version of CB to the latest version before I export and import?

Thank you!

13 years 4 months ago #149969 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Migrating user *data* (not users)

I've actually tried exporting and importing all of my CB database tables in phpMyAdmin, but it always breaks my new site.

Breaks your site isn't very descriptive. Probably something wrong with the export. You need to delete ALL of your CB tables before importing them or the IDs will conflict with one another.

Do I need to upgrade my old site's version of CB to the latest version before I export and import?

Both sites should be the same version.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #149970 by joombob
Replied by joombob on topic Re:Migrating user *data* (not users)
OK, got it! Apologies for the vague language. I'll try updating my old site's version of CB and then give the migration another try.

Thanks again for your time!

13 years 3 months ago #152975 by aussiemike
Replied by aussiemike on topic Re:Migrating user *data* (not users)
Hi
Thank you for this information. Very helpful. I am about to do this and need some information.

I ran the migration script and created the new 1.5.22 site. It all went well with core user data being migrated. I installed CB on the new site and then synchronised the users. Of course all the user data is not in place.

My question is if I use CBJuice to move all the CB user data to the new site will it duplicate the members already there? Should I remove all users from the site as well?

If I created a new install of J1.5 with no users and then used CBJuice to import all the CB user data would this also populate the core Joomla users?

The reason I ask this is that I constantly have new members joining the old site so by the time I do a migration to a new site there are new users registered on the current site who will not be in the new site. I know I can take the old site offline while doing the migration but I would prefer not to and if it was possible to use CBJuice to populate core users I would not need to.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards
Mike

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn