We can’t upload images!

13 years 4 months ago #149830 by Boizan
We can’t upload images! was created by Boizan
Hello There,
I am trying to successfully upload a jpg image (200x263 px, 17.9 KB). The image software field offers these options:

ImageMagick Auto-detected ImageMagick 5.5.6
NetPBM Not installed
GD1 library Not installed
GD2 library Auto-detected, bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

I tried with ImageMagick and GD2 library and nothing happens.
What can I do please?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #149927 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:We can’t upload images!
I recommend testing with GD2. Once selected and saved navigate to Joomla global configuration an enable Debug Mode and maximum Error Reporting. Next perform a test upload to an Image field and review any on-screen errors or if upload was successful. "nothing happens" simply is not descriptive enough to give any insight at all as to what is happening. Please review Help Us Help You within my signature for proper debug procedures and forum post structure.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149950 by Boizan
Replied by Boizan on topic Re:We can’t upload images!
Hello,
Thank you very much! After I posted the problem, by chance checking my messages I found a few messages telling me that there were uploaded images pending approval. As you recommend I am using GD2. In the user management tab of CB I approved the uploading and the image appeared in the user profile. The problem I need to fix now is why after the user uploads an image it does not get a message telling that the uploaded image requires the approval of the moderator. Where could be the source of this problem, in Joomla, CB or the template?
Kind regards,

13 years 3 months ago #149971 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:We can’t upload images!
The users profile image should turn into a Pending image with a clock on it. Moderators should be informed by Email an image is pending approval.

User should also receive a PM that their image is pending approval. All of this is assuming you've completed configuring your installation.

For assistance in configuring your installation I recommend the Documentation available to documentation subscribers. You can also disable image approval all together within CBs configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #151577 by lredna
Replied by lredna on topic Re:We can’t upload images!
I can't find where to disable image approval all together. Can you point me to the documentation... or tell me quick if it an easy change.

Of course I found how to do it right after I posted...

Configuration > Moderation > Require Upload Image Approval > NO

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn