Pre Installation Question

13 years 3 months ago #150107 by graham_in_italy
Pre Installation Question was created by graham_in_italy
I have looked for the New(or daft) user forum but I could not find one for this release and have searched for an answer to my question but can not find one. If this message is in the wrong place please delete it.

Can CB do this?

I need a website that will allow my friend to show a few thousand pictures to people with descriptions. Catagorise them and make them searchable and display them nicely. Also let people register and comment on them and add their own pictures to the catagories or create new ones.

CB seems to do a lot but I only want this capability at the moment. I am reasonably handy with Joomla, css etc but not hero or guru standard, can this work for me for this?

Thanks for any advice, whatever happens I will look at installing this in a test enviroment as soon as time allows becaus it looks great, it is just I need an answer to this in a few days and time is not on my side.

Thanks again.

Graham

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150114 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Pre Installation Question
One of the addons included in the CB Documentation subscription package is the CB Gallery plugin. It allows people to upload images to a profile tab. However I wouldn't recommend it for thousands of pictures and it also does not have commenting.

I guess you need a full blown gallery extensions (search JED) with a CB plugin integration.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn