13 years 3 months ago #150644 by kb1lqc
Avatar Upload Issues was created by kb1lqc
Hi All,
I have been using Community Builder for over a year and a half now and it's been working nicely. However, ever since moving my host I have not been able to upload avatars to community builder (or even Kenuna). I checked the permissions (and tested with 777) of /images/comprofiler to no success. Also, I checked the core.php file as suggested by some Google searches on this issue for the correct path "/images/comprofiler" again to to success.

Avatars already uploaded still display along with back-end administrator upload too. When one goes to upload in the from the front-end you can select a file and hit upload but then you are returned to the upload view and the avatar was not changed nor is there a file present in the folder as a result.

I am using the GD2 image setting in the configuration if that helps. This problem also existed on the CB version at the time of moving servers which was May 2010 (not sure on the mos current version # then, I was using it). Any help would be much appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150680 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Avatar Upload Issues
Some hosts may not permit 777. Have you tried 775, 755, 644 permissions? You'll need to ensure permissions are set on the following directories.

/images
/images/comprofiler

Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting before uploading an avatar to ensure there are no errors present.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #151810 by kb1lqc
Replied by kb1lqc on topic Re: Avatar Upload Issues
krileon,
Thanks for the reply. I just got the time to try this and no luck. I did not get any errors nor did my image upload. I did install a backup (akeeba) of the website onto a VM and I was able to upload. Could this be something on 1and1's side? Any ideas on how to have them fix that?

13 years 3 months ago #151813 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Avatar Upload Issues

kb1lqc wrote: krileon,
Thanks for the reply. I just got the time to try this and no luck. I did not get any errors nor did my image upload. I did install a backup (akeeba) of the website onto a VM and I was able to upload. Could this be something on 1and1's side? Any ideas on how to have them fix that?

Ah 1&1 issue again...

Ask them to check the error logs to see what is happening...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn