User database can not be edited

13 years 3 months ago #151489 by abdulmarlin
User database can not be edited was created by abdulmarlin
Hi...

I am newbie for Community Builder. this is the first time I use it. The version I use is 1.3.1 after enjoy it suddenly I realize that I can not edit the user database. Because as soon as I want to edit or update user information database, I always got a message below :

moscomprofiler::store failed: Unknown column 'Birth' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `jos_comprofiler` SET `user_id`=105,`firstname`='sunbae',`lastname`='sunbae',`hits`='0',`message_last_sent`='0000-00-00 00:00:00',`message_number_sent`='0',`avatarapproved`='1',`approved`=1,`confirmed`=1,`registeripaddr`='222.124.22.206',`cbactivation`='',`banned`='0',`acceptedterms`='0',`Birth`='0000-00-00',`Address`='',`Phone`='',`Ranting`='',`lastupdatedate`='0000-00-00 00:00:00',`cb_address`='korea',`cb_phone`='08123456',`cb_ranting`='korea',`cb_infohasilujian`='Test Resul',`cb_birth`='June',`website`='',`location`='',`occupation`='',`interests`='',`company`='',`address`='',`city`='',`state`='',`zipcode`='',`country`='',`phone`='',`fax`='' WHERE id='105'

I don't know what is the poblem. I have checked field management list and there is no Birth field then I created new field with same title which is "Birth" and hope the system can recognize it. It did not solve the problem.

Does anyone can help me please..

Regards,
Marlin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #151556 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re: User database can not be edited
AFAIK fields which are created by the CB field manager use the database column prefix "cb_".
Have you checked CB's database tools for errors?

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!
The following user(s) said Thank You: abdulmarlin

13 years 3 months ago #151641 by abdulmarlin
Replied by abdulmarlin on topic Re: User database can not be edited
Hi..Heyai,thanks for your response. Yes, I created new field list with prefix"cb_" but it didn't solve the problem. And also I had checked the error using CB's database tolls but all list are green and there is no error... do you have any suggestions?

13 years 3 months ago #151830 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re: User database can not be edited
Not sure what to suggest. It looks like some change of yours or another extension did not add the field properly.

It looks like you are using CB user manager and not Joomla user manager. That's good, as using the Joomla user manager would cause your tables to go out of sync.

The easiest fix would be to go into your jos_comprofiler database table and to create a column named "birth". This way the error message won't be displayed anymore. However this is only fixing the symptom, not the cause. As always, when touching the database, make a full backup before you change anything!
Which CB plugins do you use?

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 3 months ago #151835 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User database can not be edited
Heyai is correct - you installed something (a CB plugin?) that is expecting a birth column in the comprofiler table.
The following user(s) said Thank You: abdulmarlin

13 years 3 months ago #151894 by abdulmarlin
Replied by abdulmarlin on topic Re: User database can not be edited
Problem Solved,

As what Heyai suggested, I checked the jos_comprofiler the check the data tabel. and also I checked jos_user table and I found there is a column called "Birth" that indicated error message when update the cb user information. I remember before I use CB_component, my friend manually created in jos_user to have another field in user registration page. But what I don't uderstand, why did not it recognized by CB tools when I synchronize user and also when I click "Check Community Builder User Fields Database" it seem everything are find. But when I try to understand deeply what the message said, it seem the cb data base information can not be stored because column in CB database is not match with joomla database because every time we want to edit cb database, it will always update joomla database also (Just my opinion - I don't know whether this opinion is right or wrong ). But at least that opinion bring me to the solving problem.

As I said before, I had tried to create new field with same title "Birth" but the field name should be cb_birth and it did not fix the problem. Another way is delete column "Birth" in joomla user table and aha... the problem solved.

Thanks for helping me...

Regards,
Marlin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn