Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to TURN OFF/disable community builder

• JoomRo
  • JoomRo
13 years 4 months ago #151620 by JoomRo
Hello, i am trying to turn off/diable community builder from my site, but i can't seem to find any such button.

Is the only way to do this to uninstall? Because i would prefer not to uninstall in case i want to activate it again.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #151775 by MilSpouseJoomla
Replied by MilSpouseJoomla on topic Re: How to TURN OFF/disable community builder
Hi JoomRo,

There are a few possible ways that I could think to do this.

Go to Extensions -> Module Manager -> Site tab.
Look for the CB Workflows row. Under the Enabled column should be a green check click on that to disable it. You will need to repeat for Members Online and Login.

I don't know if you need to do the following as well or just doing this part will disable CB on your website alone.

Go to Extensions -> Install/Uninstall -> Components tab.
Look for comprofiler row. Under the Enabled column click on the green check mark to disable it.

Hopefully one or both of those will work.

• JoomRo
  • JoomRo
13 years 3 months ago #151886 by JoomRo
Thank you, I'll try that

• nant
  • nant
13 years 3 months ago #151895 by nant
You can unpublish CB modules installed (CB Login, CB Workflows, CB Online) and unpublish any Joomla menus pointing to CB also (see installation guide to remind you what is possible). Then you need to replublish Joomla menu items and modules (see guide once again).

You can of course also uninstall CB component as database is not lost and will be found next time you install CB on your site.

• paurray
  • paurray
10 years 2 months ago #241925 by paurray
Replied by paurray on topic How to TURN OFF/disable community builder
Hi Nick

I have a kind of similar problem. I have disabled all CB modules that you listed. And I have no CB menus active. I have Easy Social installed and things kind of work. The problem is that when I try to log out of Easy Social I get the CB logout menu. i.e. I have to try and log out twice. Once for Easy Social and once for CB. You say

“Then you need to republish Joomla menu items and modules (see guide once again).”

Could you please explain. this does not make any sense to me.
What Joomla menu Items are you talking about. As of now I have a very simple Joomla menu. With Home, About, Community and Contact. Basta.

Maybe you have an idea what is going on here. thanks

Paul

Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon