Can I Write A Simple SQL Select toshow userlist?

13 years 3 months ago #151843 by 41global
Hello Joomla Fam,

I am trying to use the userlist feature but i am having no luck. I am wondering if i am able to simply write a simple SQL statement like this:
Select *
From jos_comprofiler_fields
Where membertype = "FRESH DESIGNER"

Basically at signup, users have 3 options to choose with Fresh Designer being one of the options, i am having trouble with the userlist and was wondering i could do this to bypass the userlist feature problem i am having?

Thanks N Advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #151858 by heyai

41global wrote: Hello Joomla Fam,

I am trying to use the userlist feature but i am having no luck. I am wondering if i am able to simply write a simple SQL statement like this:
Select *
From jos_comprofiler_fields
Where membertype = "FRESH DESIGNER"

Basically at signup, users have 3 options to choose with Fresh Designer being one of the options, i am having trouble with the userlist and was wondering i could do this to bypass the userlist feature problem i am having?

Thanks N Advance

This should be no problem using the userlist setup. Set the filter to be [membertype field] = Fresh Designer ...?

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 3 months ago #151868 by 41global
Hey Heyai, thanks for response, basically when i try to save any changes in the list manager none of the changes are being saved at all....not sure if im missing a plugin or what may be the issue but i am not able to add any filtering or sorting.

Thanks

13 years 3 months ago #151869 by heyai
Now, that's a different story. Do you get any errors when running the CB database tools? Do you have any third party Joomla or CB plugins installed which might cause the problem?
Do you have access to server error logs which might be able to point you towards the problem?

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #151870 by 41global
Hey Heyai, i actually found out i had old cb(1.2) updated to latest 1.3.1 and everything is working good. I just trying to find out what exactly i need to do with this filtering and sorting options. I am able to add and save things now!

I keep getting error:
There is an error in the database query. Site admin can turn site debug to on to view and fix the query.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn