How can i use one Userdatabase for many Sites

13 years 3 months ago #151887 by Smow
Hei at all,

my question is if it´s poss. to use only one (cb)userdatabase for many sites with cb?
I hope u understand me. I have 2 sites with cb and i want that they have their own articals, layout,plugins, etc. but both sites have the same users...

thanks for help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #152114 by berto86
export the old database and import in the new database all joomla and after mod the configuration.php for the new database, with the log and name database.
After, you can mod all site in the new site but with old members..i don't know if you can have other way.

13 years 3 months ago #152133 by Braceface2007
Replied by Braceface2007 on topic Re: How can i use one Userdatabase for many Sites
You need to set up your new site with CB and everything, after you`re done, export tables "jos_comprofiler" and "jos_users" from your old database and import them into the new one.

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #152136 by berto86
now i understand the question of smow..he want use only 1 database for 2 site..example when some1 register the account in www.xx.com, he want that the account is active in www.yy.com
This is not possible with joomla..you can use TYPO3

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #152934 by Smow
yes berto you got me :) so lets have a look at something else thanks ;)
I am now programming with joomla since 4 Years and now i feel very intensivly the strenght and weaknesses of joomla. It would be great if i could change/redirect the link of the db question of the userdatabase information to one global userdatabase.

@the others: yes thats possible to use one database for many sites (i tried) but that means also all the same plugins, settings, page name, contents etc. :(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.938 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn