need little with tab menu and search

13 years 3 months ago #152281 by Tariq2009
need little with tab menu and search was created by Tariq2009
i have attached image to give clear view

1 i need help to change and add links in the menu

2 i need help to enable search for users and also search will show on main page joomla normal dont search cb users thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #152306 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re: need little with tab menu and search
AFAIK there is no direct way to edit the CB profile menu or to directly search users using the default search.
What you can certainly do is add a user menu link to user search (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist&searchmode=1 <- replace userlist by your userlist name).
I think there are also plugins out there which enhance the standard joomla search to also search forums and community profiles. Check out the Joomla Extension Directory.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 2 months ago #152436 by Tariq2009
Replied by Tariq2009 on topic Re: need little with tab menu and search
thanks heyai that helped but can i ask if i want change the menu link text for example as you see in image arrow 1 pointing to the links if i want to change Manage Your Connections to Manage Your Friends so which php file i need to play with thanks

13 years 2 months ago #152437 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re: need little with tab menu and search

Tariq2009 wrote: thanks heyai that helped but can i ask if i want change the menu link text for example as you see in image arrow 1 pointing to the links if i want to change Manage Your Connections to Manage Your Friends so which php file i need to play with thanks

All (well, most) language strings are in /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php . In there you could change all "connection" related strings to "friends".
However, you'll have to be careful to repeat these changes each time you update CB!

Alternatively you can install the english language plugin forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-en/files and make these changes there.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tariq2009

13 years 2 months ago #152441 by Tariq2009
Replied by Tariq2009 on topic Re: need little with tab menu and search
thanks this what i was looking usually all the language files are in main Language directory but cb is using its own folder thanks again

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn