Do I need to upgrade? Security improvements?

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #154281 by sparkymarky
I have a Joomla website that is version 1.5.22 running Community Builder 1.2

I paid a developer to do a modification of the community builder installation. The following community builder files have been modified to check one of the registration fields (a special 7 digit code) has not already been used. The codes are held in a csv file and are marked as used when they are used.

components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php
administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.controller.php
administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.html.php
administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofilej.xml
administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.toolbar.php
administrator/components/com_comprofiler/toolbar.comprofiler.html.php
administrator/components/com_comprofiler/database/database.cbcore.xml

I would prefer to stay on version 1.2 of community builder, as there will be additional costs if I have to pay my developer to recode the CC Component after every new version is released.

If I do not upgrade, is it going to cause a security risk. How do I know what these security updates are? I've tried bodging the code into the CB1.3.1 myself, but it didn't work.

I have tried the upgrade myself, and I am getting the following error message when I try to view the tab I created in the backend:

"Fatal error: Call to a member function setQuery() on a non-object in public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.controller.php on line 397"

The code that it is referring to is:

$_CB_database->setQuery( "SELECT COUNT(*)" . "\n FROM #__comprofiler_code AS f"
. "\n " . $where. "");
$total = $_CB_database->loadResult();
echo $_CB_database->getErrorMsg();
if ($total <= $limitstart) $limitstart = 0;

People do not generally log in to the site, apart from myself and another administrator. The users are just registrations really, and they never log into the front end or backend. That's why I am wondering if I really do need to upgrade to version 1.3 or 1.4

Any advice is appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.499 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn