Session expired or cookies are not enabled in ....

12 years 11 months ago #163019 by rasikasampath
Hi,
I am getting "Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser......" error message whenever i try to update in "CB Configuration Manager" in Joomla Admin tool and even with the user registration. Good thing is that all the "reads" are working and only the updates are failing.

Some background information:

Recently i have ported my web site from Windows hosting to Linux hosting. During that process the DB username and password was changed.

Does this has any impact on the community builder? Is there any file that i need to change the DB connection password? Why only the updates are failing?

Database Version: 5.0.92-community
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.14
Web Server: Apache
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.22 Stable [ senu takaa ama woi ] 04-November-2010 18:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #163279 by rasikasampath
Replied by rasikasampath on topic Re: Session expired or cookies are not enabled in ....
As no one has answered my question..

Finally i was able to fix the issue with out re installing CB. I shift to the Windows hosting from Linux hosting, and now it is working fine.

Defieneatly there is something for CB Devs to look after.

Cheers

12 years 11 months ago #163297 by nant

rasikasampath wrote: As no one has answered my question..

Finally i was able to fix the issue with out re installing CB. I shift to the Windows hosting from Linux hosting, and now it is working fine.

Defieneatly there is something for CB Devs to look after.

Cheers

Session handling is tricky - if you have not properly configured your clock/times on your environment this will happen.

So perhaps when you moved environments you indirectly fixed this.

Something that Joomla users should be aware of.

12 years 11 months ago #165173 by macman0295
Did anyone find the solution for this? I dont have the option to migrate hosts. I was able login before I installed and I followed the README-NEW-INSTALL.txt document. I also looked at the CB1.4_Installation.pdf. I still cant figure it out.

12 years 11 months ago #165351 by rasikasampath
Replied by rasikasampath on topic Re: Session expired or cookies are not enabled in ....
I am so frustrated!
I delete my Joomla installation, delete the database and did it all over again.
Installed Community Builder's com profiler. i am still getting this session expired message. But this time the environment is Linux. I dont know what else to do?

Can someone please let me know.

:(

12 years 11 months ago #165357 by nant

rasikasampath wrote: I am so frustrated!
I delete my Joomla installation, delete the database and did it all over again.
Installed Community Builder's com profiler. i am still getting this session expired message. But this time the environment is Linux. I dont know what else to do?

Can someone please let me know.

:(

Try CB Configuration -> Integration tab -> set anti-spoofing checks to off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fyistudio

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn