can't edit users in backend anymore, frontend no problem.

8 years 5 months ago #274058 by Schnappi
Somehow I'm not able anymore to edit users in the backend, even my own user. A couple of weeks ago it still worked. In the frontend I've got no problems. I thought the recent installation of com_joomlamailermailchimpintegration_v2.4.2 caused the problem but after uninstalling this the problem still excists. Any idea's?

I'm using CB 2.0.12 on Joomla 3.4.5.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #274066 by Schnappi
Did a db restore prior to the joomlamailer installation, no success. No clue what's causing this. I upgraded from CB 1.9.1 on 20-10-2015. Probably I'm having this issue since then.

8 years 5 months ago #274137 by Schnappi
I narrowed down the issue. I disabled the login tab with the fields username and password it worked fine again. I asigned the username field to a disabled tab and enabled the login tab (with only the password field) and it worked fine. So the issue had something to do with editing the username.
I changed the validation of the username field from multiple words with space to every string and that did the trick. I guess CB 1.9.1 manages this setting different from 2.0.12. Problem solved.

8 years 4 months ago #274845 by sabroso
Hello,

There is defintely a BUG with JavaScript validation when the option “Multiple Words with Spaces” is applied to a field. This is a Community Builder Validation Option.

On CB 2.0.12, if you select this validation option for at least one user field:

A) In the backend it prevents you from editing users and saving changes since it disables the “save” and “save and close” buttons.

B) In the front end it does not prevent the user from registering or editing his profile but it highlights the field as errored in red. To see this clearly, enable a mimum characters length to the field in addition to the “Multiple Words with Spaces” and you will see how even typing more characters than the minimu the field stays errored ( but it does not prevent you from submiting the form and getting the user registered – it is just very confusing for users).

I hope Joomlapolis team acknowledges the BUG and provides a solution ASAP since we really need a working validation

Many Thanks

8 years 4 months ago #274851 by nant

sabroso wrote: Hello,

There is defintely a BUG with JavaScript validation when the option “Multiple Words with Spaces” is applied to a field. This is a Community Builder Validation Option.

On CB 2.0.12, if you select this validation option for at least one user field:

A) In the backend it prevents you from editing users and saving changes since it disables the “save” and “save and close” buttons.

B) In the front end it does not prevent the user from registering or editing his profile but it highlights the field as errored in red. To see this clearly, enable a mimum characters length to the field in addition to the “Multiple Words with Spaces” and you will see how even typing more characters than the minimu the field stays errored ( but it does not prevent you from submiting the form and getting the user registered – it is just very confusing for users).

I hope Joomlapolis team acknowledges the BUG and provides a solution ASAP since we really need a working validation

Many Thanks

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5641

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn