#5678 - [PASSWORD] variable in pending email is displayed in email as [PASSWORD] when resending confirmation

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275292 by dglenn99
Joomla 3.4.6 (new installation)
CB 2.0.12
No third party modules installed for CB or Joomla ( I wiped my dev site and started from scratch)
Using the CB Login module and disabling CMS login

When a user signs up, their first email contains the password like so using only the [DETAILS], [PASSWORD] and [CONFIRM] in the pending email body:

Email: testme@xxxxx.com
Name: Doug Glenn
Username: testme2

Your password is: TrdifX0dd8TI

www.xxxxx.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=confirm&confirmcode=regbbcf2ee7499f7669efaa468f689e57fc0257e9c5&Itemid=111

However afterwards, if I select their row which shows settings of:
Banned Enabled Confirmed Approved
x x clock checkmark

then select the 'Resend Confirmation' button, then notified that an email has been sent to user. The resulting email looks like this:

Your password is: [PASSWORD]

www.xxxxx.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=confirm&confirmcode=regbbcf2ee7499f7669efaa468f689e57fc0257e9c5&Itemid=111

and each subsequent resending of the confirmation shows the exact same result of:

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #275307 by nant

dglenn99 wrote: Joomla 3.4.6 (new installation)
CB 2.0.12
No third party modules installed for CB or Joomla ( I wiped my dev site and started from scratch)
Using the CB Login module and disabling CMS login

When a user signs up, their first email contains the password like so using only the [DETAILS], [PASSWORD] and [CONFIRM] in the pending email body:

Your password is: TrdifX0dd8TI

However afterwards, if I select their row which shows settings of:
Banned Enabled Confirmed Approved
x x clock checkmark

then select the 'Resend Confirmation' button, then notified that an email has been sent to user. The resulting email looks like this:

and each subsequent resending of the confirmation shows the exact same result of:

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Only use the [DETAILS] tag.
It will contain the password if it can (only available in very first email as followup emails get encrypted password).

8 years 4 months ago #275352 by dglenn99
Using [Details] tag only results in the first mail sent having:

Username: testme

www.xxxxx.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=confirm&confirmcode=regf7c1654c54af649146b9c48b091330a30257e9c4&Itemid=111

Confirmation resent shows the same thing.
Email: testme@stt.center
Username: testme

www.stt.center/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=confirm&confirmcode=regf7c1654c54af649146b9c48b091330a30257e9c4&Itemid=111

[DETAIL] is not displaying the password at all, either by the first email or during reconfirmation.

[PASSWORD] is the only method that returns the actual password in the first email.
Thoughts?

8 years 4 months ago #275354 by gardenho
This is the same behavior I have on Joomla 3.4.6 with CB 2.0.12 as well. [Details] does NOT include the password at all, which is why I came searching the forum today.

I can understand it may not send it in anything but the first approval email but it doesn't show there either. I've done repeated test registrations/confirmations with no change.

Also, my resend confirmations button isn't generating sent mail at all - get a message at top saying it sent 0 mail though, when I attempt to do so. I'll search the forum for more on that specific issue.

8 years 4 months ago #275359 by dglenn99
You have to include the [PASSWORD] variable as shown in my first example.

I input "Your password is: [PASSWORD]" and thus it was translated properly on the initial message, but resending confirmation messages resulted in only it being shown as written above.

As for not sending out email, see if the clock icon is showing in the confirmed column with the first two columns showing an X (banned and enable columns).

Check to see if those are the settings, if not, duplicate the above. Confirm can be toggled between states to show the clock icon.

My issues are dummies missing the initial mail and asking me to send it again. At this time it is easier to wipe their profile and have them sign up again.

8 years 4 months ago #275507 by gardenho
Thank you for the reply. I realize adding [PASSWORD] will add it to the email, I guess my point was in the documentation it says that [DETAILS] contains the password as well, but obviously it doesn't. I've added it to my email template so it will be included one time for the user, in the one which they must click to confirm.

Thanks for the info on toggling etc. on the resend email feature. I thought I was trying to resend on a test signup acct that had not confirmed yet and it didn't work, however testing this morning and paying particular attention to that shows that indeed it does provided they haven't confirmed yet.

I have the same issue here on a member site for an organization - so many signups have never responded to their confirmation emails so they have never come back, I'm sure it goes to their spam folders. Since I have the member list I can reference the names and approve based on that, but I get annoyed at office admin constantly contacting me saying the site isn't working right when a member complains they didn't hear anything after signing up. I do the obligatory testing every time it is reported to me and it always works as it should.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn