K2 2.7 Update - No more integration with Community Builder

8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #279760 by davisJ
I use K2 with CB and noticed on the K2 update page for v2.7 the developer states:
"Removed Community Builder, Josetta and AceACL integration"

Once registered, my CB users are automatically (via Auto Actions) set up in K2 user groups. Is this de-integration going to affect this?

Also - what does the integration do and how will the de-integration affect CB and K2?
The topic has been locked.
8 years 4 weeks ago #279799 by nant

davisJ wrote: I use K2 with CB and noticed on the K2 update page for v2.7 the developer states:
"Removed Community Builder, Josetta and AceACL integration"

Once registered, my CB users are automatically (via Auto Actions) set up in K2 user groups. Is this de-integration going to affect this?

Also - what does the integration do and how will the de-integration affect CB and K2?

Best to really post on the K2 forums and ask them about these issues and when things will ba restored.

As I understand it the only thing removed is the ability to link a K2 author name back to a CB profile.

This will be restored (as K2 team claims) with a special plugin - to be created and released (no ETA).
The following user(s) said Thank You: davisJ
8 years 1 week ago #280535 by akasharkbow
Now K2 /JoomlaWorks is claiming they have no intention of supporting CB anymore:

www.joomlaworks.net/forum/k2-en/45150-cb-integration#153133

(This messes up everything on all my sites... who on earth *removes* integration for a component? And, we've only been waiting for the K2 update for more than two years... not like they didn't have time to figure this out.)
8 years 1 week ago #280536 by akasharkbow
Nant, when you have time to think about this change, and whether CB might develop/support a K2 plugin, could you please let us know?

At the moment, lack of CB/K2 integration is preventing me from upgrading my sites to J!3.5+, and I'm going to need to make a decision about how to move forward... which will involve choosing one component or the other.

(The K2 / JW developers have not exactly garnered confidence from the Joomla community over the past couple of years, and this is just bolstering my conviction that it's time to move away from this component completely. But doing so is such.a.huge.job - I'd love to buy some time. If a CB/K2 plugin/integration is possible, it would be ***more than greatly appreciated***.)
8 years 5 days ago #280689 by davisJ
I just tried to save a K2 article with one of my users and the save button failed to close the iframe. Not sure why this happened, it was working previously, but I assume it could be a problem with K2 - a problem that may be fixable by upgrading to the new version.. Any idea why this happened? The save button works (ie. the K2 article is saved) but the iframe goes blank and does not close, the screen seems frozen. FYI: The close button does close the iframe.

Now that K2 doesn't support CB, I'm a bit scared to upgrade as I think it will break my integration..

As Akasharkbow mentioned, JoomlaWorks has confirmed that they will not be releasing an integration - they're leaving this to the CB developers. So guys, any updates or plans to do so? I assume there are hundreds of CB users who will need this integration to keep their sites working.
8 years 4 days ago #280734 by nant

davisJ wrote: As Akasharkbow mentioned, JoomlaWorks has confirmed that they will not be releasing an integration - they're leaving this to the CB developers. So guys, any updates or plans to do so? I assume there are hundreds of CB users who will need this integration to keep their sites working.

As stated earlier in this thread: Community Builder -> K2 integration is working. The CB Blogs and Articles plugins support the K2 items (See CB Primer Book for details).

See Kyle's reply here for more info and our attempt to help:

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/233485-5922-k2-integration-with-cb-how-does-it-work-and-how-will-upgrading-k2-affect-my-site

At this point K3 users need to post on the K2 forums and ask the K2 developers to reconsider their decision or improve their integration API as it seems that there are no triggers available in K2 to help bring back the removed functionality with a joomla plugin.

Please note that I have personally reach out to Fotis (the K2 driving force) but he has not responded to my message.

Locking this thread as we have nothing more to add from this end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: akasharkbow
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn