[SOLVED] Session expired or cookies not enabled error at CB Registration

7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #288131 by viviannie
Hello everyone,

I just released a new website that uses CB for user administration. It works perfectly on my localhost but on the server the frontend CB registration/login do not work (the administration section works). When I try to register it says "Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser". When I try to login it redirects to the same login page, without actually logging me in (no wrong password/user, the credentials are ok). I've disabled the cache, changed the session handler, extended the session time and still not working.

I even installed the non working version from the live site on my localhost, where it works perfectly, with no issues.

The Joomla debug system shows no errors.

The live website has the following specs:
Web Server: Apache
Database Version: 5.5.51-38.2
PHP Version: 5.6.27

The localhost, on which the site works great uses:
Web Server: Apache/2.4.17 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.2d PHP/5.6.23
Database Version: 5.5.5-10.1.13
PHP Version: 5.6.23

If you have any suggestions or ideas, please help me, I've run out of ideas.

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #288136 by viviannie
It looks like the .htaccess code that redirects non www to www is causing this behaviour:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^lives-international.com [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ www.lives-international.com/$1 [L,R=301]

7 years 5 months ago #288164 by krileon
Then you probably have live_site configured as non-www within configuration.php instead of being '' (blank) as your redirect should prevent them from reaching non-www to begin with.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: viviannie

7 years 5 months ago #288195 by viviannie
That solved the issue, thank you!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn