[#6400] Editing a user profile in front-end leads to edit own admin profile

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #289356 by Camino
In front-end when being logged in as an administrator I am trying to edit a user profile. When clicking on profile edit in the user profile the edit mode of my admin profile is displayed although the link shown in the browser is the one of the user.

can you reproduce this?

I am on 2.10

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #289376 by krileon
You probably have old CB 1.x menu items still present causing the SEF routing to break. Install latest CB build 2.1.0+build.2016.12.28.01.24.32.d61585943 where this should be fixed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #289377 by Camino
Installed the new CB build. That did not fix it. However, changing a menu item fixed it. I guess your assumption about the SEF routing was correct. Thanks a lot!

7 years 4 months ago #289378 by krileon
What menu item did you change and what about it was still invalid? If anyone runs into broken menu usages from CB 1.x after installing latest build please let us know as we want to maintain as much B/C as possible or at the very least try to migrate those menu items.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #289390 by Camino
In my main menu I had a link pointing to update a users profile. Instead of using community builder linking I used an external link instead. Switching this to a CB link fixed my issue.

7 years 4 months ago #289413 by krileon
Ah, yeah external links could be a problem as I don't have it attempt to migrate those. Our Itemid function is currently checking external links for Itemid, but it really shouldn't. Have added a bug ticket to review on best way to fix this (likely to exclude external links from Itemid checking).

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6400

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn