CB and EasyBlog

7 years 3 months ago #290114 by brockhaslam
CB and EasyBlog was created by brockhaslam
I am using CB and Easyblog, including the existing published pluginto to display EasyBlog articles on a user's CB profile page. This is awesome but I'd like to go a little further.

What I'd really like to do is:

- Prevent people from editing their EasyBlog profiles (easily turned off in EasyBlog itself)
- Push the CB Portrait Profile Image into EasyBlog as the author profile image
- Create a CB field for "bio" and push this into EasyBlog as the author bio blurb

I'd appreciate any help anyone could give.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #290135 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB and EasyBlog

- Push the CB Portrait Profile Image into EasyBlog as the author profile image

No idea how to help you here unless you're able to just substitute in the avatar using CB Content Bot and content.prepare usage. If EasyBlogs supports Joomla layout overrides you could probably override the layout then use CB API to grab the avatar field with getFields API.

- Create a CB field for "bio" and push this into EasyBlog as the author bio blurb

CB Auto Actions can probably do this with a Code or Query action on the profile update trigger. For Query action you'd need to update their profile row in EasyBlogs with the field value substituted in.

Sorry, not much more I suggest. Never used EasyBlogs and we've no integration with it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290254 by brockhaslam
Replied by brockhaslam on topic CB and EasyBlog
Oh thanks. I only just saw this reply.

I've just bought CB Auto Actions so I will have a go at using it later today. It looks scary!

7 years 3 months ago #290313 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB and EasyBlog
Check out the below videos to help get you started.

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7McQcw0Sli1qfSUQGwmflzi

Try doing some simple actions just as a test to become more familiar with it. Always remember it's just a tool and does absolutely nothing without being configured to do so. So the limitations on the usecases are for the most part limited by what you put together using it. You may also want to check out the built in System Actions for some good working examples.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brockhaslam

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds