ACL management and joomla tags into the groups

7 years 5 days ago #293212 by HdCms
Hi,

I will need to know when you will integrate ACL management and joomla tags into the groups? (And also in a profile of a member)

I have already asked the question seems to me some time ago

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 5 days ago #293218 by krileon
Never, because CB GroupJive has nothing to do with ACL management. They're community groups like found on Facebook. There are also no plans to implement tags for GJ groups as it doesn't provide any functionality pertaining to GJ groups. I believe you're confusing what the purpose of CB GroupJive is. See the below for details.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-groupjive

See our demo site below to try out CB GroupJive.

demo.cbdemosites.com/addons/cb-groupjive/all-groups

If you still want to try and force CB GroupJive into some sort of ACL manager you can use CB Auto Actions to act on the group join and leave triggers to assign or remove usergroups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 days ago #293221 by HdCms
I find it unfortunate that you take it like that.
I know CB for a very long time although I know less groupjive

Tags: if you have dozens of groups, joomla tags would make it easier to find the right group.
Example: By doing a joomal search with the tags, they could find us articles, members and ... why not events or groups

Groups:
We have associations that have different forums or groups. This would allow you to have all the extensions with the right group. I'm looking at CB's side but experience showed me it was not that simple.

Currently I look at plugins and theme linked to buddypress but for now still CB is still ahead

Take it as suggestions if you feel like it.
Regards

7 years 5 days ago - 7 years 5 days ago #293226 by krileon
Groups can be categories and searched. The search will search the group name and description for keywords (so you could for example just add tags to the description if necessary). There's really no use for tags other than an additional means of categorization. It will likely be something considered at a later date since CB Activity now has a generalized tags API, but isn't a priority at this time. Regarding ACL management that is something for sure it will never do as it's not an ACL manager.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn