Admin not receiving registration emails

6 years 6 months ago #298782 by stelfair
Replied by stelfair on topic Admin not receiving registration emails
I have the same issue. However, our users aren't receiving the confirmation emails. I have changed email in Joomla from php, to sendmail, and SMTP. All of them work when I test it but doesn't send the confirmation email. My other components installed are sending emails fine, just not community builder.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298812 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Admin not receiving registration emails
As explained in my previous replies Joomla will fallback if SMTP fails. CB will not. It will simply error. Set your mailer to PHP then confirm is working next within CB > User Management select your users checkbox then click Mass Mailer to send your self an email. If that works emails within CB are working fine and your issue is more isolated to just the confirmation email, which could be as simple as empty subject and body for the pending email within CB > Configuration > Registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #298827 by stelfair
Replied by stelfair on topic Admin not receiving registration emails
Thank you for your reply. I have done everything previously mentioned, including changing the email type to PHP, and ensuring that all the fields for the registration portion are filled out. This situation just started happening and I've even had our IT division check to ensure it's not an issue on our end. What's happening is that the mass mailer will send to our internal email but not the external. The same for the registration. However, I have other components that send email and it's working fine. This is what makes me believe that it may be something within the component itself. I am currently using the latest version of Community Builder. (2.1.3+build.2017.11.03.11.05.147.bdb273dd2). Please help. I'm not sure where else to look.

Joomla 3.5.1
Attachments:

6 years 6 months ago #298829 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Admin not receiving registration emails
The email is being sent to the mail server and is sending fine to internal domains. It's rejecting sending to external domains. That is all happening in your mail server of which CB has no control over. Empty both "Registration Email Address" and "Registration Reply-To Email Address" in CB > Configuration > Registration and should just fallback to whatever Joomla is set to as maybe it's the reply-to triggering it. Beyond that you'll need to review mail server logs and see why it's not sending the emails to external domains.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn