Multilingual userprofile switching problem

6 years 4 months ago #300205 by mk3
When the user IS NOT logged in:

When I'm at English, user profile linke looks like
site.com/profile/zzz
but when I switch to French , I'm switched to
site.com/fr/profile
without the username "zzz" at the end.
If I choose this user (zzz) from the userlist (in French), I get the next userprofile link:
site.com/component/comprofiler/userprofile/zzz?Itemid=153

How to make a correct switching from one language to another, remaining on the same userprofile.

PS: For each language I've created menu items and associated them in Associations tab.
PS2: When the user IS logged in: all works fine.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #300224 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Multilingual userprofile switching problem
No idea, that's entirely on Joomla to handle. The language is added to the URL using Joomlas Language Filter system plugin. CB nor any other extension deals with any of that. Suggest posting on the Joomla.org forums regarding URL parameters being lost on language switch.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #300637 by mk3

krileon wrote: No idea, that's entirely on Joomla to handle. The language is added to the URL using Joomlas Language Filter system plugin. CB nor any other extension deals with any of that. Suggest posting on the Joomla.org forums regarding URL parameters being lost on language switch.

Sorry to return to this issue.... but... did you test it?
Really, try copying CB Login menu item for each language menu. You can make Associations, or not make them: this changes nothing. Links to profiles get crazy (on other languages than english)....
The only way to make it function properly is to to leave only one CB Login menu item for all languages in the hidden (or not hidden) Community Builder menu and leave Languages = All (but in this case you wont be able to flawlessly switch user profile from one language to another).

PS: I've also posted this issue in Joomla forum bug section, but it's total silence in there....

6 years 3 months ago #300663 by krileon
You need a Joomla menu item for every language of your site if you're not going to use an all language menu item.

Links to profiles get crazy

That's not very descriptive. What do you mean they get crazy? When CB is adding Itemid to its menu items it'll check against language as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #300692 by mk3

krileon wrote: You need a Joomla menu item for every language of your site if you're not going to use an all language menu item.

Links to profiles get crazy

That's not very descriptive. What do you mean they get crazy? When CB is adding Itemid to its menu items it'll check against language as well.

Yes, that's what I'm saying: when I set a menu item "User Profile" for each language menu and setting it's language NOT to ALL, but for specific language, and then if I go on a english userlist I see normal links as
site.com/profile/zzz
if remaining on this userlist and switching to french, I see crazy userprofile links like
site.com/component/comprofiler/userprofile/zzz?Itemid=153
Like I've written on my first post in this topic.

6 years 3 months ago #300708 by krileon
Does the Itemid 153 match the French menu item or the English one? You mentioned when the user is logged in this all works fine. Ensure all your menu items to CBs profile page are set to public access.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn