Replied by Five_phil on topic label Field conditions and terms
yes I have to read too much :)

thanks for the advice and binds them...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 11 months ago #304338 by jjsjjs
Replied by jjsjjs on topic label Field conditions and terms
Have you seen this?
developer.joomla.org/news/725-goals-for-joomla-3-9.html
Soon native support for this. So every extension can use the API and your user can then with a single click get their data.
This is great!

5 years 11 months ago #304342 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic label Field conditions and terms
We'll integrate with it where possible when available. Most likely we'll simply release a Joomla plugin that integrates with it. Such plugin would be free, but not included with CB core since it isn't mandatory for every country or site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jjsjjs

5 years 11 months ago #304343 by jjsjjs
Replied by jjsjjs on topic label Field conditions and terms
Thanks! That would be great.
Right now i have created a simple form with an form extension for existing users and a consent requirement part in CB for new users.
But they are not in effect yet, because i have not got the word yet that we have to comply. (But i think we do)

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304362 by Five_phil
Replied by Five_phil on topic label Field conditions and terms

jjsjjs wrote: Have you seen this?
developer.joomla.org/news/725-goals-for-joomla-3-9.html
Soon native support for this. So every extension can use the API and your user can then with a single click get their data.
This is great!

Thanks for the link -> good news !

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #304363 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic label Field conditions and terms
You don't need any custom forms for consent requirement. The terms and condition fields are perfectly acceptable as means of obtaining consent. You can have as many terms and condition fields as you want as well so you can create the at least minimum 2 (site terms and privacy disclosure) necessary for GDPR compliance. You can add more as needed depending on what disclosures you need. It is also acceptable to put disclosures in field descriptions (e.g. if their email address is to be used for marketing you can add that to the email field description); several large name companies are already doing this (e.g. Microsoft).

The rest of the GDPR compliance is mostly on you at this point. If a user asks to be deleted then delete them. If a user asks for a data dump use CB Juice or export directly from phpmyadmin. If you want to automate user deletions use CB Privacy and its Delete Me field. CB Privacy will also eventually have an export feature to export their CB user data as well. This would officially mean all compliance could be automated.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn